Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: What do you use to play online?
Gamepad 14 48.28%
Joystick 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrok81 View Post
Lol mate, tonight I witnessed another one of Mirgervirn "owning sessions". I think he can shoot down a plane just by looking at it. Or at least he can with mine
Haha unlucky dude - I swear he's like that guy on X-Men that shoots a red laser from his eyes. In fact, I swear I saw the laser once, when he missed me...
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Haha unlucky dude - I swear he's like that guy on X-Men that shoots a red laser from his eyes. In fact, I swear I saw the laser once, when he missed me...
Haha, that cracked me up. But it is interesting now that you mention it, lastnight i saw him fire some sort of grappling hook onto someones wing, His pilot then climbed out zipped along the wire opened the canopy slapped the guy around a little then climbed back into his 109. truly amazing
Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

A gamepad offers a little better control in simulator, but a joystick does have several advantages. You turn and roll easier and just have a better feel for what the plane is doing. I have used the gamepad (the only way I could finish the campaign on simulator) the AV8R for 360 and the Ace Edge. The best is the Ace Edge, better rudder control and less deadzone. Plus throttle control is easier with a joystick. Not to mention, my thumbs don't hurt. I highly recommend the Ace Edge, and if you use a little restraint, it doesn't cost much more than the AV8R on E-Bay.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorz38 View Post
I highly recommend the Ace Edge, and if you use a little restraint, it doesn't cost much more than the AV8R on E-Bay.
Are you sure? I think you can get 4 AV8Rs for the price of one ace edge.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

If you are like me, and cut your teeth on PC flight sims, then it has to be a stick. I'm amazed at how well people use the game pad but I cannot get to grips with one.....no stick and I'm definitely grounded (so, stuff the brakes- I have to use a stick! Fortunately the P47 (and a few others) are very easy to land without brakes in CTA.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Approved Member

I bid in one auction up to $65 and lost. Two days later, I got an email saying the winner had not paid, and I could buy it for my $65 bid. Since I had already won an auction for the Ace Edge Combat bundle, I did not buy it. But for $15 more than an AV8R at gamestop, it is definitely worth it. You just have to find a no reserve auction on E-bay and not bid too much and get carried away with I HAVE TO WIN THIS
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

I was talking to Brickster tonight about the joysticks for consoles. Do they all have a circular motion like a gamepad stick or are there any PC ones that can be used for PS3 that have a full motion in every axis so there is a square shaped motion at the base of the stick with corners at top right, bottom left and so on.?

If there was a "Square shaped" stick the user would get a huge performance boost in a dogfight by being able to use full ailerons and elevators and vice verse at the same time. Would make barrel rolls and rolling scissors much easier. Now Ive realised this I feel very restricted with the "Circular" shaped gamepad sticks.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The M00ps View Post
I was a joysticker until Saturday night, when my AV8R just spontaneously began disconnecting. After about a minute of use, the guide button flashes once, then the light goes out completely. The "reconnect controller" message then appears on the screen.
I just got the game and the same thing is happening to me. Gamepad works perfect. Anyone find a solution to the Disconnect of the joystick/
Going to send it back since it is broken and try a new one.
Dodger
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger53 View Post
I just got the game and the same thing is happening to me. Gamepad works perfect. Anyone find a solution to the Disconnect of the joystick/
Going to send it back since it is broken and try a new one.
Dodger
I've actually managed to get it to work again sometimes. It seems to work best if I already have it plugged in before I power on the console, and then use the power button on the front of the console itself to turn it on.

Even then it sometimes disconnects, so I just reboot and try it again. Usually it will stay connected the second time. If it stays connected for at least a minute, then it's good for hours. If it's going to drop, it does it within the first minute.

Give this a try. It's not perfect, but I'm not going to spend another $50 on this thing.