Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Default IL2: Forgotten

The community is forgotten!

Oleg, or someone at Maddox or 1c. Can we have a tentative release of 4.09 please. Is it really so difficult to at least keep us abreast of the status on a quarterly basis??? jezz.

I'm sure this will get flamed with a bunch of "patience" or "they are working on it" or " much to do, third party has it held up" replies...

Come on let it go, the game will be done and allow you to devote ALL the time to those models in BOB and maybe we can see BOB before 2009 is over 18 mos from now!.

I know two weeks right!

down right ridiculous a company in business can't even update their own community on the status of a patch that has been out in beta for 5 mons+

A date please... simply a date. one you can stick to... Or i guess in fantasy land there are no timeframes
Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Oleg updated us :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Hi Guys,
I have posted dev update. Sorry for so long time no see. Simply we are so very busy with Alfa BoB and preparing of source code for Korean simulator... There was still no time-room for IL-2 4.09.. sorry.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

And frankly that doesn't tell us Crap!

"sorry to busy to simply pack up third part infor for 4.09".. stop work on BOB then and finish something for goodnes sake...

A.) when will Maddox have time to complete 4.09
B.) Once time is available when will it be complete...
Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
The community is forgotten!

Oleg, or someone at Maddox or 1c. Can we have a tentative release of 4.09 please. Is it really so difficult to at least keep us abreast of the status on a quarterly basis??? jezz.

I'm sure this will get flamed with a bunch of "patience" or "they are working on it" or " much to do, third party has it held up" replies...

Come on let it go, the game will be done and allow you to devote ALL the time to those models in BOB and maybe we can see BOB before 2009 is over 18 mos from now!.

I know two weeks right!

down right ridiculous a company in business can't even update their own community on the status of a patch that has been out in beta for 5 mons+

A date please... simply a date. one you can stick to... Or i guess in fantasy land there are no timeframes
Patience.....

....i'm sorry I couldnt resist.

I'd actually rather see them devote more time to BoB at this point honestly then a patch for IL-2. Just my preference. *shrugs*
Old 06-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

+1, I do not need a new patch for Il-2 now, but a new sim would make me happy...
Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

I do understand the wait can be a bit irritating but there is a stable beta released.

The only thing missing is whatever it needs for online servers or whatever but it can be played online too.

IL2 is off Olegs scope and the only action concerning it is happening elswhere.

Lucky for us it is, there is a lot of room left in IL2 and it is being filled quite well indeed.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

"...The only thing missing is whatever it needs for online servers or whatever but it can be played online too..."

Not quite true for mission writers. We are told that quite a few map changes have been made since 4.09beta1, and this may make coop/campaign writing a bit hit or miss. I.e. Will the missions still work when the final is released? A vexing question for those whose enthusiasm lies in that direction.

B
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Replace the word "patch" with "free update" .

Right ......

Hi B just saw you post before me lol.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Approved Member

I.m enjoying the sim as much as I can get the chance to... but I understand BW...
Old 06-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Replace the word "patch" with "free update"
I'm as pleased as everyone else about the support and updates both those purchased and those released as game patches that this game has had over the years...
But surely you should replace "free" with..."to ensure customer loyalty and maintain a viable client base ahead of our next commercial project in the absence of an expensive advertising campaign"
1C isn't Santa Claus you know