Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
I wonder how many more consumer goods this sim will be compared to?
i wouldn't look at steam forums then, someone compared it to buying a cheesebuger with no cheese.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Default COD 1.00.13954 and no improvement.

Hey guys I have a question I was hoping someone could answer for me. I have been looking forward to the release of IL2 COD for a long time. When I heard that I could get it 2 weeks before the release in the US I jumped on it. I bought the game from justflight.com and they gave me an activation code for Steam. I know everyone is having problems with this game and I expected to have problems (wishful thinking told me that maybe I wouldn't).

The question I have is that I know the company is releasing updates for the game and I read that they are being released by Steam by region. Being that I have the game before the US release am I going to get the updates? I am currently running the 1.00.13954 version of the game.

I was also just told by Ubisoft technical support that because I bought a European version of the game that I will have problems getting updates, patches, and technical support with the game and that I should try to get a refund and get it when it comes out in the US. Is this true? I asked her what the difference would be since they are all just being bought through Steam and she said that because I would have a European IP that I would always have problems. Can anyone verify this or does she not know what she is talking about? I really appreciate you taking the time to clarify this for me. Thanks again.

System Specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Intel i7 950 @ 3.06
Nvidia GTX 260
12gb Corsair Ram
Win 7 x64
Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undpilot87 View Post
Hey guys I have a question I was hoping someone could answer for me. I have been looking forward to the release of IL2 COD for a long time. When I heard that I could get it 2 weeks before the release in the US I jumped on it. I bought the game from justflight.com and they gave me an activation code for Steam. I know everyone is having problems with this game and I expected to have problems (wishful thinking told me that maybe I wouldn't).

The question I have is that I know the company is releasing updates for the game and I read that they are being released by Steam by region. Being that I have the game before the US release am I going to get the updates? I am currently running the 1.00.13954 version of the game.

I was also just told by Ubisoft technical support that because I bought a European version of the game that I will have problems getting updates, patches, and technical support with the game and that I should try to get a refund and get it when it comes out in the US. Is this true? I asked her what the difference would be since they are all just being bought through Steam and she said that because I would have a European IP that I would always have problems. Can anyone verify this or does she not know what she is talking about? I really appreciate you taking the time to clarify this for me. Thanks again.

System Specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Intel i7 950 @ 3.06
Nvidia GTX 260
12gb Corsair Ram
Win 7 x64
Thats the right version, I don't think you should experience any problems, the patches are international only the russians have a standalone patch.

BUT I definitely would not contact steam, they might have given you a refund if it was pre-release but not now, especially if you didn't buy the game from steam in the first place .

What problems are you experiencing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Thats the right version, I don't think you should experience any problems, the patches are international only the russians have a standalone patch.

BUT I definitely would not contact steam, they might have given you a refund if it was pre-release but not now, especially if you didn't buy the game from steam in the first place .

What problems are you experiencing?
Hey thanks for the response. Currently the game is unplayable on practically any settings, however I can play on medium settings over water. When I am over the water it will run and look great until the game puts the bombers on the screen, then it gets choppy and stutters alot. Do you think I should consider getting a new graphics card or wait until they release more updates? What I don't understand is that I can run Birds of Prey at max settings with no stutter and the graphics look better than this game on medium settings. Too bad that game is so unrealistic in how the planes stall. You have any experience with it? I am a Commercial Pilot and I do have time in high performance aircraft and I can tell you that no plane stalls as easy as that game shows. I wish we could get that games graphics with this games plane models. I really don't want to get a refund for the game, but I was worried that I would not get all of the updates.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undpilot87 View Post
Hey thanks for the response. Currently the game is unplayable on practically any settings, however I can play on medium settings over water. When I am over the water it will run and look great until the game puts the bombers on the screen, then it gets choppy and stutters alot. Do you think I should consider getting a new graphics card or wait until they release more updates? What I don't understand is that I can run Birds of Prey at max settings with no stutter and the graphics look better than this game on medium settings. Too bad that game is so unrealistic in how the planes stall. You have any experience with it? I am a Commercial Pilot and I do have time in high performance aircraft and I can tell you that no plane stalls as easy as that game shows. I wish we could get that games graphics with this games plane models. I really don't want to get a refund for the game, but I was worried that I would not get all of the updates.
You can tell if it has worked when the patch is released on monday.

What are your PC specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
You can tell if it has worked when the patch is released on monday.

What are your PC specs?
System Specs:

Win 7 x64
Intel i7 950 @3.06
Nvidia gtx 260 Driver 266.58
12 gb Corsair ram