Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

S~ Mondo,
your input has done us all a great service. much appreciated.
Flyby out
Old 04-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
FYI EIZO use Samsung (Dell also use Samsung panels) and LG manufactured panels but I think most of the rest of the tech they use in there monitors is bespoke which can often make a difference.
Even Sony uses Samsung panels nowdays
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt56 View Post
Eizo FlexScan S2411W = $1,398
Yes but worth every penny ihmo. The viewing difference is just amazing. For a while our 3D department was on Samsung monitors, but after a while they found out what a difference it made to look at the EIZO, and they took the habit to ask me to let them look at their work at my desk, hehe. I had one of them standing all 2 hrs here, "can I look on your screen at my latest work in progress to check the colors?"
For a guy like James Dietz who works as a proffessionel in visual arts the Eizo is defenitly worth a thought.

Last edited by KOM.Nausicaa; 04-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

I don't doubt whether it's worth it or not and feel similarly. JD stated that cost was a concern though and $1400 bucks is enough to build a new pc from the ground up. If it's primarily for gaming then he can do better as far as bang-for-buck while maintaining great IQ, but if there actually is a professional application involved, your suggestion is an excellent one.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

If I was going to spend that much money on a screen I'd go and buy a new 1080p TV.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Well James is a well known american artist. I am sure he will find a use for a true color monitor.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Hmmmm I think I'll avoid high end until I get a whole new rig...when that happens I can slide my Monitor over to my wife & slide in perfection...in the meantime I will still have to suffer through a PC long overdue for repalcement , but unable to do so because of delay in release of Oleg's masterwork,which if memory serves was due out Christmas of '06. Its frustrating but I can't risk buying all the best right now & finding out that BoB still needs more or something else than what I bought....
Old 05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Regardless of the hardware you buy today, Storm of War will always need better hardware until a few years down the line. Its only been in the last 2 years have systems existed that can run IL2 at absolute maximum settings, with the vid card set to maximum settings and at extreme resolutions. Even now, only top end systems with everything set to maximum at extreme resolutions can fly low over Berlin and maintain a playable frame rate.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Thanks so much guys..have decided to get a stop gap Monitor & wait for all the bells & whistles when BoB finally appears.I got a smaller Samsung SyncMaster 953 BW,and although it may not be the latest word in monitors ...it is head & shoulders above my old HP Prehistoric Beast! The color- OH BOY! Finally I can adjust & saturate just the way i want & it makes a real difference in the look of the sim..anyway I'll copy down all you guys have suggested in hopes it will come in handy when Oleg is ready to unleash hie masterwork later this year ( or in two weeks as the case might be!)
Old 05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Darn! I missed this thread. I would have strongly urged you not to go below 24" monitor...24" (at 1920X1200 native res) versus 19" makes a world of difference.
I would have recommended a Samsung SyncMaster 244T. [ It's never too late to do a return/swap, of course : ) ]

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 05-08-2008 at 06:03 PM.