Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Default The unfortunate truth

Iv come to the conclusion that cod was just a "beta" for the soon to be released russian front squeal. I dont know what happened through all those years of supposed building of the game but something went terribly wrong. If one were to just look at the game as a whole you can see so much missing that should be there for a full featured game. Take into the account that they want to add ground vehicles and all this "other" stuff I can say that this is no longer a flight sim. On the flip side what option do we really have? at this point this is really the only ww2 flight "sim" game out there...there really no other option...I want to flame this game so bad but its all we have. we are a dying breed of gamers left with little to nothing for this type of genre...I remember when airwarrior, battle of Britain, aces high, janes fighiters, b-17, and many more flight sims ruled the pc gaming isle. Now its just a distant memory... So I guess this is what were left with. A half baked game from a group of game developers that have good intentions but never deliver. Patch after patch after patch...when the sequel hits im sure it will be much better. but for now this "beta" phase is just sad....Again, what choice does an old ww2 sim fan have?

Last edited by MACK-ATTACK; 05-06-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

The fact that they're only going to put token effort into CLOD has been apparent for some time.

We've already seen official statements that they aren't going to fix the flight models until after Battle of Moscow comes out.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

What is a 'turth'?
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
We've already seen official statements that they aren't going to fix the flight models until after Battle of Moscow comes out.
Err doesn't the beta patch contain changes to the flight model, some of which already have the Rather Annoyed Force up in arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack-attack View Post
on the flip side what option do we really have? At this point this is really the only ww2 flight "sim" game out there...there really no other option...i want to flame this game so bad but its all we have. we are a dying breed of gamers left with little to nothing for this type of genre...
+1

s!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
What is a 'turth'?
lol fixed. sorry abit tired.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

With this game looking worse and worse from patch to patch, it's actually encuraging for other companies to get into ww2 combat flight siming.
Before the CLOD release, everyone, including other companies, were aware of the very high standards products released by Maddox Games and didn't risk getting into competition with them. Maddox Games had the market cornered.
Fast forward one year. Now everyone out there knows this team is a shadow of the powerhouse it once was, so I'm sure others will get into this genere and compete for all this honest and loyal customers.

Competition is the soul of progress. Bring it.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Jaws2002; 05-06-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
With this game looking worse and worse from patch to patch, it's actually encuraging for other companies to get into ww2 combat flight siming.
Before the CLOD release, everyone, including other companies, were aware of the very high standards products released by Maddox Games and didn't risk getting into competition with them. Maddox Games had the market cornered.
Fast forward one year. Now everyone out there knows this team is a shadow of the powerhouse it once was, so I'm sure others will get into this genere.
yeah I think you right. When oleg left the soul left. we are indeed left with the shell of what once was a great gaming empire. I mean they are trying but to little affect.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Meanwhile at the Maddox Games headquarters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK-ATTACK View Post
Iv come to the conclusion that cod was just a "beta" for the soon to be released russian front squeal....
So what???
Closed Thread