Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-06-2018, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Any American aircraft being worked on??
Old 04-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Fighterace said "Any American aircraft being worked on??"

just planes for us to shoot at.

This should go in the wish list, but,... How difficult would it be to make more updated or later versions of the Val, and Stuka, they must have improved them by 43/44/45, at least bigger engines.

I know some stukas on the Russian front had the Wheel covers removed because of the mud as a example.
And another thing, the Late war Betty does not have a bomb load if I remember correctly? does it only carry the Oka, and how do you hook that up.
Here's a formation carrying Oka's getting shot up by Hellcats, in colour 1min+
https://youtu.be/KfqzZG8NzwA

Also noticed the tops of the Trees sway in the breeze in perfect mode, nice touch.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Exciting to see the progress!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
Fighterace said "Any American aircraft being worked on??"

just planes for us to shoot at.

This should go in the wish list, but,... How difficult would it be to make more updated or later versions of the Val, and Stuka, they must have improved them by 43/44/45, at least bigger engines.

I know some stukas on the Russian front had the Wheel covers removed because of the mud as a example.
And another thing, the Late war Betty does not have a bomb load if I remember correctly? does it only carry the Oka, and how do you hook that up.
Here's a formation carrying Oka's getting shot up by Hellcats, in colour 1min+
https://youtu.be/KfqzZG8NzwA

Also noticed the tops of the Trees sway in the breeze in perfect mode, nice touch.
Bring it one. lol.
We already have the updated Stuka versions. The D-3, then the D-5, and finally the G series.

Yes the Japanese did update the Val. (D3A2) It was still woefully lacking by the time it reached front lines in Rabaul. Something about a D3A vs F4Us and P-38s. After that switched to a new carrier bomber, the D4Y series. (D4Y1,D4Y2,D4Y3) and a version designed specifically for kamikaze, D4Y4.
Have a look here : http://www.combinedfleet.com/ijna/ijnaf_d.htm
Old 04-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

was relooking at the MBR photos, looks like it has rockets as well as bombs, and the bomb dosnt look like fab 50 or 100? Some type of depth charge??
Old 04-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

50 fab as i see ... but variant of loadout on mbr now more wide than in 4.13.4

Old 04-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterace View Post
Any American aircraft being worked on??
If they make it into 4.14, the DC-3 and C-47 definitely count as American aircraft. The Li-2 and L2D variants "sort of" count.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I believe that all major Stuka variants are in the game.

The D3A2 ("Model 22") is currently not in the game and would be a good mid-war Japanese dive bomber type. If it were added, it would be essentially a new airplane since the nose would need to be reworked and possibly the pilot's cockpit.

Quote:
There are several mid- to late-war G4M variants which aren't in the game and would be welcome. Again, they'd all effectively be new aircraft due to need for revisions to fuselage, engine nacelles, crew stations, etc. and new FM.

IIRC, you have to set up Okha missions using the FMB, attaching the Okha to the bomber like you would assign a glider to a tow aircraft.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabekm View Post
Yes the Japanese did update the Val. (D3A2) It was still woefully lacking by the time it reached front lines in Rabaul. Something about a D3A vs F4Us and P-38s. After that switched to a new carrier bomber, the D4Y series. (D4Y1,D4Y2,D4Y3) and a version designed specifically for kamikaze, D4Y4.
In 1944-45 the Japanese adapted a number of their aircraft for suicide operations. It would be interesting to have at least one Kamikaze variant in the IJN line-up (other than just the Okha). Probably, no 3d work would be required, just some FM and bomb-loadout variations to reflect changes in fuel tanks and built-in explosives.

That said, I'd rather have more mid- to late-war Japanese aircraft which were designed to be used more than once. In particular, the IJAAF needs more aircraft types.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
In 1944-45 the Japanese adapted a number of their aircraft for suicide operations. .........That said, I'd rather have more mid- to late-war Japanese aircraft which were designed to be used more than once. In particular, the IJAAF needs more aircraft types.
The Kawasaki Ki-48 was used throughout the war and as an improvised Kamikaze and special Kamikaze. The thing is totally overlooked in most histories as it was a typical early war design light bomber which most countries found to be pretty useless (think Bristol Blenheim and Martin Maryland). Still it did serve in all Japanese theatres and was the most produced bomber of the IJAAF during WW2!

There is a il2 mod pack for Ki-48 but i don't know if the maker is still around to put it into "Daidalos il2".