Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
I really hope you guys can mod a map or make one.
Not looking too good.....from where I'm at. Unreal engine is a SOB. which brings me to another question why in the HELL use UE3 for a driving game?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hero View Post
Not looking too good.....from where I'm at. Unreal engine is a SOB. which brings me to another question why in the HELL use UE3 for a driving game?
Cause UE3 is a buzzword and the dev tools are almost free.

Anywho, if that default config file is the one we are looking for, what do we rename it to and where do we put it?

I havent been able to find any good information about the configs.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

I have found that replacing some of the config .ini files from the game, into \UDK\UDK-2011-09\UDKGame\Config
I am able to get more textures to load. but not NEARLY anything at all.

on a side note, i did have some sort of break through just now.

If you change your short cut in the "Target" put "editor" at the end, you should get this error
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...roaderror.jpg/
It is looking for "ShippingPC-PP3WorkGame.exe.config"
I have yet to find that file......and i am truthfully beyond tired to keep looking. ALSO I have jacked up my game so much, that I may have ruined mine.
If a few of you all can try it and see what you get, let us all know. ALSO break out some google-foo and look around for that file if you all get the same error I'm getting.

I really have a feeling if we can get our hands on that file, we are close.

Last edited by evil_hero; 10-11-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
SuzukiSamurai

I'll try to hand the game files over to my brother. He is an IT'er but he's not interested in racing games or anything like it. Only shooters like Modern Warfare, I hope he wants to have a look at it. I never modded anything so I won't be able to do anything at all so sorry for that guys.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:02 PM
SuzukiSamurai

I asked my brother and he said dll-files weren't so cool to work with. He isn't interested in this type of game and that's why he wouldn't give it a chance too. If it were text-files it would be ok for him but in this case I have to dissapoint you. He said the developpers will have to release a tool. As example: In Medieval Total War you could mod things too, but building castles wasn't that easy because it was harcoded or something said my brother, so devs had to realease a tool to make it able to mid things.