Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Default Your opinion of the game!

Just tell us what you think, what you like and not like.

I played the game for 1 hour now. The game is cool, good graphics, nice terrains. But I miss free roam, I have to race like a mad man to get ratings..
Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

I really enjoy the thorough details and how realistic it really is compared to other offroading games. The lack of free roam isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would since there are many tracks and competitions to keep me busy for a while. Really hard to win 1st place though, going to take many, many hours for a rookie gamer like me
Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickercrazyguy View Post
I really enjoy the thorough details and how realistic it really is compared to other offroading games. The lack of free roam isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would since there are many tracks and competitions to keep me busy for a while. Really hard to win 1st place though, going to take many, many hours for a rookie gamer like me
Yeah, but i hate it to RACE. I want to drive as fast as necessary and as slow as possible and I think a lot of people searched this in the game but all you have to do is race race race..
Old 10-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

I purchased the game last night on Steam, and spent some time today trying it out. Aside from a few bugs, I'm pretty impressed so far. The only other off road game I've really gotten into is Screamer 4x4 from 2001...so it's been a while. The graphics are a lot better than the other game, but I've noticed a few things aren't as solid. With full diff lock, you don't always see the front tires spinning (either of them). Screamer allowed you to lock front or rear (or both), this game isn't quite as detailed.

The lack of free roam will definitely cut it short for me, but you can always ignore the clock and just enjoy the drive.

Overall, considering how few 4x4 games there are worth trying, it's good.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi79 View Post
The lack of free roam will definitely cut it short for me, but you can always ignore the clock and just enjoy the drive.
Same here ! I don't like racing. If I wanted a racing game, I'd have DIRT 3 ! So I just drive as slow as I want. To be honest, I'm waiting for a 100% save game so I can drive on all the tracks (races are not very easy !).

I think the developers have done a great job on the suspensions ! In 4x4 Hummer it was horrible : it seemed like there were no suspensions at all ! In Off Road Drive it is far better !

I miss free roam, but I miss also customizing the trucks, like in 4x4 Hummer. You started the game with a nice little SUV, and finished it with a hardcore off-roader ! That was cool, I miss that ! In Off Road Drive you just unlock trucks, and adjust tires and suspensions...

Damages seem just useless in this game. Unfortunately it is just esthetic damages. You can't even blow a tire ! But you can drive underwater.

If graphics are good, I don't like sounds, specifically engine sounds.

That's all for now. I "only" played 3 hours since I have the game. If I have to add something else, I'll do it.
Cheers
Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi79 View Post
The only other off road game I've really gotten into is Screamer 4x4 from 2001...so it's been a while. The graphics are a lot better than the other game, but I've noticed a few things aren't as solid. With full diff lock, you don't always see the front tires spinning (either of them). Screamer allowed you to lock front or rear (or both), this game isn't quite as detailed.
I agree, Screamer 4x4 was great considering how old it is
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Im kinda disappointed in this game. As an avid offroader and videogamer I had high hopes, but this game isnt really what id call stellar.

The vehicle selection is nice, good variety, but I would like more upgrades for stuff like the engine, or some beefier axles or something. The ability to do front and rear diff locks individually would have been nice as well.

Graphically its alright, not bad, but not as good as say, dirt 3. Dirt 2 level perhaps? Which is fine, I understand.

But the thing that bothers me most is the gameplay. The first time I was slowed down because I hit a small rock, I thought it was a glitch, maybe a one time thing. But nope...this is kinda ridiculous guys. A 2 door XJ on 35s (aired down and locked no less) struggling to take a small curb? Really? Sometimes front or rear wheels dont engage, and lots of time the engine bogs down and the vehicle just sits there, ostensibly floored, but the tach is reading nothing almost.

My Sami is on 33s and open f/r, and I KNOW it would be able to make that climb!

Overall, I was kind of hoping this would turn out to be something like MotorM4x( which sadly is no longer on steam), which is an excellent game, but as it is...eh...
Old 10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
SuzukiSamurai

I have Screamer 4x4 and Motorm4x on my pc too and had something like, those games were better actually (free roam and no racing).
The devs didn't listen to us at all and missed the point we were clearly trying to make. They never got on the forum the last months and as we all know they ignored the BIG ASK for free roam. Ok, no free roam, no problem! I can live with that, but what do I get? I get a race game. I need to drive my vehicle to the limit on every track, I jump it at 50 km/h and it doesn't break or bend or even makes a single noise when it gets down and smashes into the ground, so unrealistic. The sound of the vehicles is driving me insane. I thought we had discussed the difference about diesel and petrol engines and that you guys where going to make it different. Sreamer 4x4 had better sounds.

Besides this I like it, the cars, the maps. But then again, I hate RACING. I thought you guys were going to make the difference to other automotive games. But keep up the good work, it needs some improvements but it will work fine after some good mods. And consider a mod where we don't need to race at every track. ^^
Old 10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

I thought the game was pretty good. I did notice problems like everyone else with the motor bogging down but I found a fix for that, dont let off the gas. I have this game since Sept. 30 and beat the career already so the game itself is not that hard. only other problem is that i cant get my multiplayer to work. I made new thread for that problem here...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26701

Like everyone else I do wish there was free roam but what ever. you can always go through the career again.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

I think it's pretty fun, but a bit hard.

My main complaint is that once you speed up, the physics feel horrible. The cars feel glued to the track, but at the same time they act more or less weightless. The sound effects are lacking too, for instance there's no sound when the car or tires slam into the ground.

As I said it's still a fun game though, the crawling/trial aspect is almost perfect imo.