Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Off-Road Drive in Development

1C Company is proud to announce the development of Off-Road Drive - the racing simulation for PC and Xbox 360.

Off-Road Drive is the first game ever to deliver a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience. Players will take part in The Russian trophy, Off-Road Trial, Thai Trophy and many other events through the worst driving conditions with a variety of natural obstacles like swamps, rocks, snow and sand.
No other game features this variety of off-road sport vehicles including tuned stock SUVs and trucks, as well as several classes of prototypes specifically built for off-road driving. The vehicles can be equipped with an assortment of special cross-country equipment and accessories including winches, low gear, differential gear locking, GPS, clinometer, altimeter, tire air pressure control, sand tracks, etc.

To re-create the unique experience of the off-road competitions in the computer game the innovational system of interactive surfaces was developed. Not only the friction level between the wheels and the ground changes depending on a surface type, but the surface itself is being affected by the passing vehicle. For example, dense mud will spread and the vehicle may bog down; a car will leave rut in a soft ground and may start skidding in it; grass will be torn out by tire treads, leaving slippery soil patches. All this helps to simulate specific (but very important for cross-country driving simulation) effects like skidding and sideslip.

Last edited by Nike-it; 06-08-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

when will this be ready???

do you have any screenshots or videos?

i love the uaz game mechanics more like than the hummer game. I just hope this version has a more authentic damage system for those 4x4 gamers that want a realistic off road simulator.

keep up the good work 1c.

I found this on youtube:

if this is what the game is going to be like, please put me down for a pre-order.

Last edited by general solomon; 06-04-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

here is another video i found from the russian website dedicated to this game:

this is game looks amazing. I just hope its not too arcadie.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunsingh View Post
Off-Road Driveis the first game ever to deliver a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience. Players will take part in The Russian trophy, Off-Road Trial, Thai Trophy and many other events through the worst driving conditions with a variety of natural obstacles like swamps, rocks, snow and sand.
i hope your right. if by true to life you mean blowing out your tires and breaking an axle , then you will have the best off road game out there.

uaz and hummer does not have true to life damage physics. it is nearly impossible to blow out tire in those games.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

I am looking forward to giving a little input on this games features during development.
I first did this back in 1997 with Monster Truck Madness 2 made by Terminal Reality Inc (TRI).
I went on to help TRI develop 4x4 Evolution and finally 4x4 Evo 2.

I can't say enough about TRI, they had a great development team that listened to people, and that made for games that still are active and played to this day. I hope 1C-Avalon is the same way.

I worked with other developers over the years as well, they weren't so good.
Grand Raid Rally by Asobo for example never even made it to demo, and Cross Racing Championship 2005 by graphsim which launched to market but flopped miserably because of copy protection so obtrusive it messed with peoples PCs, and they didn't listen to any suggestions by people that buy and play these games of what they want two name just a couple.

I hope 1C-Avalon is not like them.
Been there, seen that.

It even soured me from offering any help to any game for a a few years, but I see the potential Off-Road Drive and have forum based off-road PC game web sites with tens of thousands of members, hundreds that visit weekly, that are longing for a great off-road game that will take advantage of their powerful gaming PC's abilities.

Since this is a new forum for this game I'll start a 'wish list' topic.
I cross my fingers 1C-Avalon reads and responds to it ;-}
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

The game looks very awesome and i cannot wait to see more. I hope this game gets released soon.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

Default Listen to kc vale!

1C

I have followed the development of Full Drive 3 (or Off road Drive 3, or 4x4 3, or Four Wheel Drive 3 [why so many names for this one game circulating out there?]) for a few years now, and know of the struggle your development team went through to actually get it out to the public. I know you want this game to be a huge success, and it COULD be your biggest game. If you want this to happen, please, for the love of God, listen to KC Vale. No one has a better handle on what will make an off road game live forever than KC!

For my part I hope you have really solid force feedback wheel support, some kind of free roam multiplayer options, solid physics (maybe arcade and sim modes), and most importantly allow the modding community at least access to the game code to mod/ create vehicles and environments. Even better would be to develop actual tools for talented modders to make the game more expansive.

Oh, and please release the damn thing in the US widely so it's EASY for us to give you money for it.

We can make this game live FOREVER if you let us.

KC, if you are reading this, I remember your enthusiasim with Asobo and Grand Raid Off Road, and subequent disgust over it's demise. You know that it turned into the biggest wasted opportunuty in all of gaming, "Fuel", right? That amazing open world, ruined by (what I imagine) some corporate drones wanting it to be more edgy to attract the 15 year olds. "Let's turn it into Mad Max - The Game"!

With the history Avalon has with the full drive series, I think they are less likely to dissapoint. Leta cross fingers, and support these fantastic and obviously dedicated coders.

Chinook

Last edited by chinook4411; 09-03-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Mispellings
Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook4411 View Post
KC, if you are reading this, I remember your enthusiasim with Asobo and Grand Raid Off Road, and subequent disgust over it's demise. You know that it turned into the biggest wasted opportunuty in all of gaming, "Fuel", right? That amazing open world, ruined by (what I imagine) some corporate drones wanting it to be more edgy to attract the 15 year olds. "Let's turn it into Mad Max - The Game"!

With the history Avalon has with the full drive series, I think they are less likely to dissapoint. Leta cross fingers, and support these fantastic and obviously dedicated coders.
Chinook
Ya bud, we have sure had out share of 'fancy hype trailer' disappointments over the years.

Even the ones that actually made it to market like CRC flopped.

I have no choice but to take this game with a grain of salt too.
No developer input at all so far is usually a bad sign.

(shrugs) I've worked with the best and the worst.
I'll know what 3C-Avalon is in a week or so.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Still nothing from the devlopers. (sigh)

If we need to chalk this one up as yet another fancy trailer video but no real game so be it.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Post Hello, everyone!

I've read all yours posts and I saw a lot of concerns in them. And it is great to see people who really interested in Off-Road games, as we are!

I represent 1C-Avalon.
We gave a huge 4x4 game community in Russia (on russian forum and social networks), and I assure you that community' opinions really matter to the company.
Through the whole 4x4 Game Series we interacted with our community and with their help we have been developing the games for about 5 years.
10 projects of the game series (including different add-ons) were released in Russia.
The title Off-Road Drive is the next significant step in the developing of 4x4 simulatiors for the company.

Now I am preparing smth like FAQ to what I read here, and as it ready I'll post it here. Also, I'll post here some new screens and video. So feel free to ask me anything about the game, together we can identify what features need to be explained more detailed, and maybe I ll make some special articles on them.