Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Default 'Wish List' of what people want to have

I'll kick this off...

Multiplayer:
LAN of course, but Internet hosting that is not going to charge, but if that is not an option then at least put in direct IP hosting others can join please.
For many this is preferable anyway, with just a little in-game chat area for private games.
And of the ability to help (or hurt) another on-line player with real vehicle to vehicle contact.

Playing Modes:
I understand this game is based on getting from here to there mostly by yourself in single or multiplayer, but some head to head checkpoint racing through multiple checkpoints where you can trade some paint with others is extremely fun!

Other modes to consider are Missions and Treasure Hunts.
Some people prefer to just play solo and this gives them more game options.

User Made Add-Ons:
This to me is what separates a game being bought and played for many years, from those that get played to the end and then traded away.

It is also what I base making a 'fan site' on.

Take Flatout for example, a very fun game to play solo or multiplayer but it just got boring after awhile because add-ons were way too hard, but moding the game to cheat way to easy.
It should be the other way around.

The ability for a user to make and share his own totally custom Tracks and Vehicles from scratch draws nearly as many people as those that just want to play the game and not get bored.

In the EVO series by TRI they made a track editor which wasn't just some 'snap pieces together', but a full blown PC based 3D track maker.
And for Vehicles it was designed to allow free full PC based 3D editors like Z-Modeler to make completely custom Vehicles from scratch.

And of course the game needs to be able to allow them to added or removed from the game with ease as well as detect in multiplayer the difference between stock and custom and stock, and if possible exchange between players anything another player doesn't have.

1C-Avalon, the best way to see what I mean is just visit my 4x4 Evo2 Web Site and download the free version of game and try it.

There are 2,482 Vehicle and 970 Track Map unique uploads all made by players.
Play with the game a bit.
We still love it, it's graphics and psychics are just way outdated.

You are just another in a long list of developers that had/have a game in development we are hoping we can migrate to.

'If you build it, they will come.' (from Field of Dreams)

If you want my help just ask.
If you want to intrigue my community in the forums you can start here http://vales.com/evo2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22371
Just making some contact and showing you are developer that listens make a huge difference.

It is diverse crowd I think you could benefit from if you want to take the TRI developer way of making what people want.

Now I am off to send them over here ;-}
Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
XJAbuzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
I'll kick this off...

User Made Add-Ons:
This to me is what separates a game being bought and played for many years, from those that get played to the end and then traded away.

It is also what I base making a 'fan site' on.

Take Flatout for example, a very fun game to play solo or multiplayer but it just got boring after awhile because add-ons were way too hard, but moding the game to cheat way to easy.
It should be the other way around.

The ability for a user to make and share his own totally custom Tracks and Vehicles from scratch draws nearly as many people as those that just want to play the game and not get bored.

In the EVO series by TRI they made a track editor which wasn't just some 'snap pieces together', but a full blown PC based 3D track maker.
And for Vehicles it was designed to allow free full PC based 3D editors like Z-Modeler to make completely custom Vehicles from scratch.

And of course the game needs to be able to allow them to added or removed from the game with ease as well as detect in multiplayer the difference between stock and custom and stock, and if possible exchange between players anything another player doesn't have.

1C-Avalon, the best way to see what I mean is just visit my 4x4 Evo2 Web Site and download the free version of game and try it.

There are 2,482 Vehicle and 970 Track Map unique uploads all made by players.
Play with the game a bit.
We still love it, it's graphics and psychics are just way outdated.

You are just another in a long list of developers that had/have a game in development we are hoping we can migrate to.

'If you build it, they will come.' (from Field of Dreams)

If you want my help just ask.
If you want to intrigue my community in the forums you can start here http://vales.com/evo2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22371
Just making some contact and showing you are developer that listens make a huge difference.

It is diverse crowd I think you could benefit from if you want to take the TRI developer way of making what people want.

Now I am off to send them over here ;-}
I agree with everything that KC has stated. User made add-ons especially. Despite all the games that have come out in the last 10 years, none of them have been as easy to mod as 4x4 Evo2. A game just gets old really quickly when you are limited to the in-game content, no matter how vast that content is.

I have been making add-ons for 4x4 Evo2 for many years now and to me that is half the fun....to be able to create your one-of-a-kind unique creation and make it available for other players to download, enjoy, and comment on. Evo 1 & 2 would not be alive today if it weren't for the multiplayer and the vast amount of add-ons. It would be a bad mistake if you were to leave the ability to replace tracks or environments and trucks out of this game. It will be the difference in having a title that lasts for years to come or one that ends up in the bargain bin at your local Wal-Mart within a year, but that is just my humble opinion.

I really hope the development team working with 1C publishing is listening to this and considering it.

Last edited by XJAbuzer; 09-01-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Nice to see you both here KC and Abuzer.

Hi i come from the 4x4Evo2 community and i seen this game on KC's site and watched a few videos and i'm hooked on this game and connot wait to see more of it and when it comes out. I wanna buy the PC and xbox360 game.

Alittle thing i'd like to see and i've always been looking for in a Offroading game is Mud Bogging. I do alot of it in real life and i love it, it very very fun. Maybe add a free roam forsure in this game and try to make the mud realistic as possible and i'll be a FAN of this game for along time
Old 09-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinKing View Post
Alittle thing i'd like to see and i've always been looking for in a Offroading game is Mud Bogging. I do alot of it in real life and i love it, it very very fun.
It already has that according to the web site and pics, really nasty realistic mud at that ;-}
Old 09-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

Welcome to our forum guys. I'll definitely deliver all your thoughts and suggestions to developers
Old 09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
XJAbuzer

Awesome. It is really nice to know that you guys are actually paying attention.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Hi all, good to see there may actually be a good 4x4 game in the works.
I am also from the 4x4Evo2 community.....I have made track add ons for that
game for several years now.
I have high hopes for Off-Road Drive and I hope it also includes modibility.

The graphics look great on what I have seen so far......
I would like to know more such as what pc specs you would need to run this game.

All in all the 1C sites are pretty darn good.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

AMEN! As I said in my other post. The best thing you can do to ensure the success of this game is to listen to KC. I bet he may even prompt a few thousand sales for you!

What about Beta testing? Looking for experienced drivers to test, you'll find one here, and many more over at KCs site.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

1C.. What the heck is up with your extremely difficult registration process!?

For crying out loud, I thought I was just having a bad day when I finally managed to register, but I have a over a dozen e-mails from people that just flat gave up because of the BS in the last 2 days.

Putting blocking spammers at all costs doesn't.
All it does is keep people that really want to be here from being able too.

If the Producer of this new cool looking potential Evo2 replacement game easy to talk about here, no Problem.

Talk About The Game Here
on KC's Evo2 site.

Easy to join and we are the major group dying for a new more advanced replacement for our high end PC gaming machines.

1C:Avalon, are you paying attention?
We are not out to steal any glory for 1C Corp, we just want to talk with the development team and let you know what our community would like to see is all.

This forum making it so frustrating to even register does not help that.

Come and talk to us.
We listen, we have idea's, we help, and if done right we buy.

Last edited by KCvale; 09-04-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Default Is it too late to respond?

I don't know if it is too late to reply to the thread, but I'll do it anyway.
I would probably have to agree with KCvale.

-It would be nice to see a lot various mods, as said before, like in 4x4 Evo 2.

-It would also be great if each vehicle had its own engine sound and a realistic one too, unlike UAZ 4x4, which was an okay game, apart from the fact that the engine noise was the same on all vehicles, and it was really annoying haha.

-Motorm4x was an amazing game so, the physics and the camera motion in the game were great, unlike 4x4 Hummer which had terrible gameplay.

-Would be nice to see a bigger map though.

-More cars as well as part varieties, such as a Snorkel, and a winch, which you have already add to the game, and that's nice.

-Some more vegetation in various areas would be nice. And the damage should stay the way it is.

-It would also be great if the video settings allowed for really high graphics for high end computers and low settings for older, lower end computers.

-More locations would be nice, like in the Jungle, Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, Egypt, those sort of places.

-There's definetly got to be free roam and cheats (you have to admit, everyone needs a little help sometimes haha)

-Overall it would be nice to see an improved and mixed version of Motorm4x, 4x4 Evo 2, and basically real life off-roading.