Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Don't go chasing the bombers let them come to you in the battle zone then take them out.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

ok...i've shot down 34 ju's and i still fail this mission. what am i doing wrong?!

where is this air field?

hello everyone btw!!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Default The nest is hard!

Hi all,
this is one tough mission. Just like an end of level boss in Killzone on the PSP. Still battling on and will try your suggestions. What a fantastic game though?

PFC Noskcaj!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqubit View Post
This is fun/weird.

I think of a wave as 3 bombers but to meet the objective, shooting down 1 is enough(?)

Anyway, after the bombers i had to destroy FLAK. Well even that was done by my squad

So, nice night mission but I hardly saw anything
Same experience.

I think that we have to shot down all the plane. I failed one time.

One of the rare mission where we have also to rely one our wingmans to finish the job and find some junkers that you let pass through.

Don't forget to ask them to go on the objectives (Command down and then up)
Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

i keep getting that happen to me.......... gonna give up soon.....
Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqubit View Post
This is fun/weird.

I played this mission first time yesterday on SIM. I thought it would be extremely difficult. Well, true i couldn't see shit, no really, i hardly saw anything (reverting to virtual cockpit to see a little bit more)

But i finished it in 1 run and real easy. Every time i send my sqaud to the next objective. NEVER chase/bothered with other (non-objectives) enemies. And while *I* didn't see sh*t and only had 1-2 lucky take-downs, my fellow squad pilots must have taken down the other objectives (5 waves or so??). ... they reported so anyway.

I think of a wave as 3 bombers but to meet the objective, shooting down 1 is enough(?).....

....So, nice night mission but I hardly saw anything
OK…this post (and others) have gotten my attention…there must be something “different” you need to do to make this campaign easy…I had to shoot down almost every bomber – the AI wingmen were useless! Why is maxqubit’s mission so easy????? Why are his wingmen so strong and he only has to kill a few bombers (“only had 1-2 lucky take-downs”)…I did this campaign in arcade and it seemed much harder then all the other campaigns…maybe doing it in SIM (or realistic) is easier because the AI wingmen do all the work? Just a thought, but I have noticed the people who did it in SIM mode say it is “no problem” while the arcade mode seems so difficult…could it be a glitch?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

It seems that some of you have problems to go through that mission on Arcade mode.

I recommend to go on realistic/sim. Because You don't have to shoot more than 10 bombers (even less) in those modes (for sim I'm sure because I did it that way; but not for realistic but it is certainly the same)

If you got problems with stalls with your pad. Reduce Elevator sensibility (reduce by half, normally 10/18 it's perfect). Even more if it's too much complicate.

You don't need manoeuvrability in that mission

Hope it will help
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benrizz View Post
It seems that some of you have problems to go through that mission on Arcade mode.

I recommend to go on realistic/sim. Because You don't have to shoot more than 10 bombers (even less) in those modes (for sim I'm sure because I did it that way; but not for realistic but it is certainly the same)

If you got problems with stalls with your pad. Reduce Elevator sensibility (reduce by half, normally 10/18 it's perfect). Even more if it's too much complicate.

You don't need manoeuvrability in that mission

Hope it will help

No wonder! In arcade mode you have to shoot down well over 20!

All right - for those of you having problems try realistic mode (turn down your elevators at least half way to keep you from stalling) and let us know if this helps.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Default hi

hi all

i am new to this, i have been stuck on this airfield hornets nest for 2 weeks any help
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Hi Guys

I did what you said, switched to realstic used my wingmen. And the result is ....Im no longer on Hornets Nest.

Never had a mission test me like that b4

Thanks Guys

Cookie