Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

my problem is the me 109 after u get the ju52's they jump me and their really accurte n shoot me down first try, i have like 4 shooting me at once
Old 09-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

i can't get past his level.
i have played it about 10 times now...i have shot down as many as 35 ju's.
wtf? i'm about to give up. i dont allow any ju planes to land, and then i'm on a group and get the ol mission failed everytime.
it's pissing me off...i want to move on and keep playing, but i can't.
do i need to shoot the ground targets? i have tried it, but doesnt seem to help much.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
i can't get past his level.
i have played it about 10 times now...i have shot down as many as 35 ju's.
wtf? i'm about to give up. i dont allow any ju planes to land, and then i'm on a group and get the ol mission failed everytime.
it's pissing me off...i want to move on and keep playing, but i can't.
do i need to shoot the ground targets? i have tried it, but doesnt seem to help much.
Re-read all the posts in this thread carefully, especially Soviet Ace’s, you should have all the information you need.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
You have to concentrate your attacks, on the ones that are closest to the target area. I made that mistake the first time, but then I quickly realized what happened. So don't go for the one's that are far from their target, wait for them to get closer, and while you wait. Blast them with everything you've got.
Where is the target area on the map? I must be blind as well as stupid as I cannot see it for the want of looking

As another poster put it I had 28 shot down and was told "mission failed...." This has to be the most frustrating mission yet, the inteligence for this mission is not up to the same as previous missions.

Since when has JU52's had rearward firing machine guns?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barred View Post
Where is the target area on the map? I must be blind as well as stupid as I cannot see it for the want of looking

As another poster put it I had 28 shot down and was told "mission failed...." This has to be the most frustrating mission yet, the inteligence for this mission is not up to the same as previous missions.

Since when has JU52's had rearward firing machine guns?
some did have a gunner position:
Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Merro I stand corrected.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

i passed it on sim had trouble with figrthers after the ju52's what helped me was going tree top lvl n telling my guys to defend me then i start a really tight turn staying at tree top intwoward the me109's not at em and then they should fly past u hopefully missing most their shots some how they got distracted attacking or defending with my wingmen and i got to a chance to bomb the guns theirs only 2 i think.... hopefully it will help i barely scraped by.........
Old 09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Well on the 360, you press down and then right on the D-pad to order your entire wing to engage the Ju's. Once thats done you need to pick a start point on the edge of a flight and "walk" the guns along all 3 planes. When done right, you will take them all out in one 3-5 second burst. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the flight.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

After several mission failures I finally cleared the sky of transports (26 in all) but the mission didn't end. The yellow target indicator suggested that there was one more enemy aircraft off my radar but it's impossible to reach as is it is outside the battlefield map.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there a solution?

Any help much appreciated.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

I dunno tbh. When I did it, I actually got a mission complete and I let a couple of the first flight get away iirc. Maybe try flying back to the battlezone, and hanging around a bit. Some of the missions for me Ive had to wait around a bit on the mission complete message.