Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Bind Key To Start Engine

Done a lot of google searching but to no avail.

Can someone please help me with this question:

How do you bind another key other than 'I' to start engine?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

If you have a controller that came with software such as the CH brand, then you could map the "I" to one of the controller keys.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggels View Post
How do you bind another key other than 'I' to start engine?
Just select - in game GUI > Keys > Aircraft > "Toggle select engine" (I suggest TF rename this to "Start select engine")*, and in the small window press the desired key/button or key/button combo.

Additionally you can opt to leave the "I" mapped, select "toggle select engine" click on button NEW (lower left side of controls GUI) and in the small window pres the desired
key/button or key/button combo. For example joystick button 5

You end whit:
Toggle select engine = I
Toggle select engine = joystick button 5

Both keys will start the engine. * To stop then is need use "Slow throttle cut out" in Spit/Hurri or magneto keys or fuel cock in these and other planes.

CloD control GUI allow you make copy of commands, other less know possibility is
use button/keys to modify other button/keys, use button/key to modify axis behavior.

For example set SPACE to modify Y axis and assign this to "Brake wheels".

In game pressing SPACE and moving joystick back will press wheel brakes and not move elevator. Releasing SPACE the stick return to control elevator and wheel brake remain pressed, or you have created a "Park brakes".

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "

Last edited by Sokol1; 03-08-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Just select - in game GUI > Keys > Aircraft > "Toggle select engine" (I suggest TF rename this to "Start select engine")*, and in the small window press the desired key/button or key/button combo.Sokol1
Thanks Sokol1 for your reply.

I tried the above suggestion, but it still doesn't work.

Is there some 'key association' involved here, that's preventing engine startup, (what ever key is bound),from turning over the engine?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

I've got it working by deleting the data folder in documents and restarted the game. Then I copied my settings file into the new data folder. It worked!

But then I marked the realism page 'Engine management' and it didn't work.

The aircraft was flying when it start the session, so I pressed the key to stop the engine and nothing.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

I fixed it. What I did was take screenshots of all my control settings in-game. Then I deleted my data folder in the documents folder and restarted the game.

This then created a fresh data folder. I then re-entered my keyboard profile via the screenshots of the control editing program, making sure not to delete the 'I' key.

It works.

Last edited by Siggels; 03-09-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggels View Post
I've got it working by deleting the data folder in documents and restarted the game. Then I copied my settings file into the new data folder. It worked!

But then I marked the realism page 'Engine management' and it didn't work.

The aircraft was flying when it start the session, so I pressed the key to stop the engine and nothing.
you cant stop the engine by pressing i. Close the fuel cock for that...
Old 08-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

I have not started an engine for some time as they are always running until mission "Lewes Attack"..I hit E as I used to and no engine start. I reviewed the commands list and did not find a START command..and yet my profiles for CoD have start as "E". I will try the above suggestions and would appreciate any more comments and advice. I am in a new HP 810 with fresh loadings up thru all MOD patches. Because of memory problems I deleted RoF and Stalingrad and will keep it simple now. Many Thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Hi

If you have a complete new installation, the default key to start the engine is "i". Does that work?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Continuo..I had my command's profile set in early CoD Bf 110 (my favorite) hit keys 1 and 2 then D then E both started. With new build clean install full TF MOD new HP 810 I do not see Start on command panels. I tried assigning "I" to "toggle all engines" command and no start up. It is only in "Lewes Attack" mission that engines are not running on runway. This is not a serious problem but it would be nice to get it right. It puzzles me that there is no "START" your engine key listed under AIRCRAFT but then I could not possibly fly except in EASY mode..hop in, start, throttle to the wall. I have never flown an aircraft and CoD is about the Bob, one of many favorite time periods in history. Many Thanks for your advice.