Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 12-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Landing Gear controls being weird

Hey everyone,

I just bought Cliffs of Dover yesterday and it seems kind of silly, but I just can't get the landing gear to work properly... (I also installed a Windows 8 patch and the Team Fusion Mod if that matters.)

The default key to toggle it is G, which I'm guessing should just lower or raise it (depending on its current state), like in almost every other flight sim. But that doesn't seem to work.
The message on the screen cycles between Neutral, Down & Up; but most of the time it doesn't actually do anything.
When I start in the air in a quick mission I have to press G four times (cycling between neutral, down, up and neutral again) before it lowers the landing gear (and when it does it's painfully slow). After that I just can't raise it anymore.

I've tried changing the key binding, adding controls to raise/lower it separately, using the raise/lower manually controls. Both with my keyboard or joystick. I've also tried doing it by clicking on the gear controls inside the cockpit... I also turned off the Anthropomorphic Control, which I read gives some problems, but it doesn't help either.

I would really like to play missions where I have to take-off and land, but right now I either have to turn it off or give control to the AI for take-off/landing. Any help would be appreciated. Am I overlooking something?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

I "suspect" that you are trying landing in Bf 109 that have Neutral position in Landing Gear switch (like Hurricane, G.50...). Spit have only Up and Down.

The normal procedure is - when you go to landing in air start missions:

1st hit G - switch go to Neutral position (watch the levers in cockpit).
2nd hit G - switch go to Down position and landing start drop, when in low position you get green lights.

But, if you are fast ~200KM/H or above the gear dont drop/raise, or drop/raise very slowly.

Instead use G as toggle, map G to lower, and Alt+G (or whatever) to raise, this help in avoid some confusion with "toggle" command.

BTW - When take off, after wheels raise (red lights in Bf109, or green light turn off in Hurri) switch gear up command one more time, to leave switch in Neutral.
So when you go to land dont need hit G two times like in air start missions.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "

Last edited by Sokol1; 12-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I'm flying the Bf 109.
Anyway, I feel really stupid, it was indeed just a matter of flying too fast. Guess that's what I get for not having flown a proper sim in a long time.

Thanks a lot for the help!