Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Hey BlueMax,
In case you did not know, you are very fortunate to have Sokol 1 involved in your concerns. He is an outstanding member of the flight sim community. If you pay attention to his post, you cannot go wrong. Point blank, throttle up slowly(but all the way up) and use the rudder.
If you think you are a Long ways off from shooting down your first plane in Clod, welcome to the club. It is a hard sim for us who have been playing for ten plus years. In reality, it is a flight simulator and you will be very proud of yourself when you accomplish every task you challenge yourself with.
As with most things men want to accomplish, it is a matter of practice, practice and more of the same. Eventually, you will enjoy the learning curve. For now though, hang in there and Never feel alone.
We are a community who helps one another. Always ask if you don't know. Also read everything you get your hands on.

Keep us posted on your progress and questions. We will see you through it.
And soon you will be showing your children how its done.

Maico
GSkil DDR3 1600x8Gigs
EVGA GTX580
Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence Maico.

I sure hope you're right. I just do not ever remember this joystick ever being this sensitive in any other flight sim I've used it with?!

I've made the corrections which Soko|1 suggested. And in the beginning, it "seemed" to help. But the more I played the sim, it seemed to revert back to the same characteristics I've been dealing with?!

With time - I'll get the hang of this - or so I hope.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I sympathise. I have had a lot of problems in the past with the same joystick as you have.
One it starts to behave erratically than nothing seems to help. For a long time mine reacted extremely violently to turbulence when flying low level, and I could hardly hold on to it, it was jumping all over the desk. A change of computer was the only thing that helped. Others with the same joystick had no problem though.

You might try this program to edit and reduce control-joystick-forces (maybe someone else already recommended it).

Fedit:

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...dback/41-fedit

You'll have too look around to find out how to configure it.

[Edit]: Actually I will copy/past what I found in my notes regarding installing it for Forgotten Battles (1946). All of it might not apply to CoD, but have a look anyway. This is a quote from someone giving me advice on how to set up Fedit:

Quote:

"As for the program you can edit an existing ffb file or create a new one and name it accordingly for IL2.

EG: Spring adjustment

Open fedit>effect>insert>spring>right click spring2d1>properties

from here you can create the axes timing saturation profiles

I'm not saying its the easiest thing to get your head around at first but you need to experiment with it
You need to get stuck into the program and try various things in there to see how it works

It simple and effective once you have spent a few mins with it.

EDIT>>

I just edited this file as an example of lowered tension, try it and see what you think, if its too much for you to use the program let me know what percentage increase/decrease on this file you need.

Don't forget to put your default "spring.ffe" somewhere safe whilst testing.

http://www.filefront.com/17448972/spring.ffe "
Note: it doesn't edit anything in the game, it edits how your joystick works on your computer. It adjusts the strength of forces from your joystick. Maybe you need to be using Microsoft Windows for it to work.

Flying online as Setback.

Last edited by major_setback; 11-05-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

I thought I remembered that

The dl link was updated

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18562