Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Joy2key vs Xpadder

Looking at these 2 programs I had some questions. Do they really both handle joystick - throttle systems ? Xpadder looks very attractive graphically but seems to be just for gamepads ? Joy2key looks capable but no control graphics. Is either best for programming our typical flight control stick systems ?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Both programs are write for gamepads - probable in the last decade no one write freeware program for joystick, exception perhaps of Newview.* But both program work fine for josytick.

Xpadder (9,99$) have more advanced functions that JoyToKey, but you need more than JoyToKey do?
The only function missing for me is "mapped key on press" and "mapped key on release" on same (toggle) switch.

I like JoyToKey because they are simple to configure/use, allow start after game, reconfigure "on the fly"...

*Newview is joystick software write for Il-2 that allow "emulate" TrackIR with POV HAT.
Is keymapper too with advanced functions. The only downsize is the lack of support in English, since the author are Russian, however provide English GUI.

EDIT - Since today joystick definition varies for many people, for "joystick" I refer to this kind.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 02-09-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info. It does seem that more people here use Joy2Key. I will give it a try.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

I use Pinnacle Game Profiler and it's awesome compared to xpadder or j2k... and it's cheaper than xpadder too at $7.99 (that's with a coupon code - "PGPFOR8BUX")