Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 07-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Default UPDATED 9 OCT 2011 - Aircraft Operations Checklists

The "official" Aircraft Operations Checklist is linked below. My intention is to provide a companion to the COD Manual that came with the sim. In my opinion, that manual did not include near enough information on the various types of aircraft and how to operate them effectively. I also found the information on ammunition and the various bombs and fuses to be a little on the weak side. These checklists are my attempt to remedy some of that.

The checklists and other included data are based on historical documents and manuals, and therefore may not be optimized for in game use. However, they are better than pure trial and error. Please give them a try.

My plan is to provide updates whenever significant new material is added to the sim. This includes new plane types, additional weapons or ammo, or significant changes to FM or in game operating procedures. I encourage you to provide criticism and to identify any error you find. I will collect all comments and will make appropriate changes as I post new updates. I have the MS Excel file that the checklists were published from but I'm not posting it at this time. If you wish to have the Excel file, please PM me.

Please feel free to post on other websites or forums. There is some copyrighted material in the file, so please, do not attempt to sale or use for any financial gain. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the checklist.

http://www.2gvsap.org/flea/OP2GvSAPINST_3710.1A.pdf

For the mods, if this would better fit in one of the other sub-forums, please move it. Thanks.

******************* UPDATE 7 OCT 2011 ******************

Here is an updated Aircraft Operations Checklist. I have tried to incorporate the suggestions and corrections I have received from this and other forums. I am posting the pdf and the excel file this time around.

Changes from last posting include:
- Dividing the document into sections by Air Force
- Included ICAO Standards for temperature and atmospheric pressure
- Added information on propellers and mixture in Cliffs of Dover
- Added information on the Luftwaffe Weapons Control Boxes
- Combined Hurricane and Spitfire 87 and 100 Octane settings into a single page
- Added pages on the Tiger Moth, Bf 109E-4, and He 111 (H and P variants)

Unfortunately, I have not added the detailed procedures for the Luftwaffe types (excepting the 109 variants). My excuses are trouble translating the source documents, much more complex procedures for the larger types, fidelity of modeled systems in relation to historic procedures, and looking toward the future.

In my work to date, the model differs most from the historical in terms of the Zünderschaltkasten, Abwurfschaltkasten, and the Luftwaffe fuse operation. I have tried to show how these items work "in game" but I'm not really satisfied with it. My work with the ZSK and ASK demonstrates the problems I was having with the more complex procedures of the larger types. I wanted to provide the limits, conditions and procedures for the aircraft based on historical documents, not get involved in assessing the accuracy of the modeled systems or performance to reality or writing the "best" procedures for Cliffs of Dover gameplay. There are many excellent videos demonstrating aircraft start up and other "how to" videos will continue to be produced.

I will continue to update this document based on suggestions or corrections. I will also try to provide "blue" pages for every type made flyable in Cliffs of Dover and its follow on. So please keep the comments coming.

http://www.2gvsap.org/flea/OP2GvSAPINST_3710.1B.pdf

Download the pdf and MS excel file at Airwarfare: Storm of War http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?...tid=82&cid=166

Last edited by 2GFlea; 10-09-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 AM
Approved Member

Awesome idea and also great work gathering all the infos ! Thanks !
Old 07-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

Great work!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Approved Member

Excellent work and highly deserving of a sticky!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Approved Member

Great stuff Flea, and apologies I couldn't help more.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Outstanding, great stuff, thanks.

S!
ASUS GTX 680 TOP
Corsair 16GB RAM
Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas
Saitek Pro Rudder
Track IR 5

SB Audigy 2 ZS
Old 07-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Excellent work and highly deserving of a sticky!
+1, thanks.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Approved Member

Very, very cool. Thank you for what must have been a serious amount of work. This will come in handy when I get back into COD.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Wow! Thank you very much. Given that, for me, the whole point of flying this sim is to kid myself I am a WWII fighter pilot this will help immeasurably. Your hard work is appreciated. And thank you too Oleg, Luthier and your people for developing a sim where this depth of information is relevant and usable.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Thank you!