Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 06-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Default MSFFB2 - Loses FFB when shooting

Basically when I fire the guns I tend to lose the force on the stick so it can go sloppy but only when shooting. Once I make any manoeuvre it comes back.

Does anyone else have this?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Don't know if it's MSFFB2 specific, but I have occasional erratic loss of FFB with mine. I can fly for a whole evening session without a problem..then the next day it gets erratic for a few seconds. Sometimes there is no FFB at the start of a flight..and pulling some tight turns seems to 'switch it on'
Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman1945 View Post
Don't know if it's MSFFB2 specific, but I have occasional erratic loss of FFB with mine. I can fly for a whole evening session without a problem..then the next day it gets erratic for a few seconds. Sometimes there is no FFB at the start of a flight..and pulling some tight turns seems to 'switch it on'
I was getting that before the beta patch. Seems better now but I still lose the Forces on the stick when shooting. PITA!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

Yes I've had this pre and post patch. Post patch the FFB is much better and doesn't drop out as much and also starts missions more often with FFB on.

Now that I've answered your question can you please answer mine?

Is the cannon shaking in the bf110 as strong as the cannon shaking in the 109 for you?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post
Yes I've had this pre and post patch. Post patch the FFB is much better and doesn't drop out as much and also starts missions more often with FFB on.

Now that I've answered your question can you please answer mine?

Is the cannon shaking in the bf110 as strong as the cannon shaking in the 109 for you?
Sorry I haven't replied. My stick is packed away at the moment, will try to check tomorrow
Old 06-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post

For me the answer is No difference between 109 and 110 that I can see.

However when I fire cannon and MG separately the shaking is never as strong as when I fire both together then it shakes a lot but I guess the game is programmed this way?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

Thanks emil, yes when I pull both triggers the stick goes nuts, but my bf109 cannon force feedback is bugged when I turn on realistic gunnery I get these 'over the top' effects.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

LOL I forgot the original reason I started this thread....I think the original problem might have been fixed. Will re-test to see if the stick goes sloppy when I fire the guns but I flew a good few missions last night and don't remember it happening. Might have been the beer though....shall check again tonight.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Yeah my fault I hijacked the thread and now there are 3 threads on the subject. oops

Back to your topic, I've only had the stick slacken when firing in multi-player. I still get that the stick will start slack in some single player quick missions, but going slack from firing was only happening online.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Yeh it still goes slack when firing guns up to now I only fly Quick Missions.