Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Taxi, what's wrong with the pedals?

I have a version of COD where you have to twist with the rudder pedals constantly to keep the plane straight (if possible) while taxiing on the ground. It's almost impossible to keep a straight trajectory especially while takin off.

I've been watchin taxi and take off tutorials on YouTube where they all have it much easier and do this in a straight line without twists and turns;
I'm askin you do we have different versions of IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover?

I have used different joysticks and even tried the Team Fusion patches which made matters only worse. I'm not a fan of Team Fusion besides multiplayer servers and minor cockpit fixes, the gun sounds are lousy.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Faman,

you should install the Team Fusion Patches. There is so much more than multiplayer servers and minor cockpit fixes. Just read trough the readmes of the patches. Playing without the patches is really.... not good...

As for the take-off: Yes, it is difficult. But Cliffs of Dover is not alone here. In almost all other sims it is hard to start tail-draggers as well. So, it`s just the way it is and you have to practice over and over again. After a couple of hours, you will get it and starting won`t be a problem anymore.

If nothing helps, you can reduce the realism-settings, but I don`t recommend that. Cliffs of Dover shines when it is most difficult...

As for that I can really recommend getting on the ATAG-Teamspeak and ask for a flight lesson. There will be people around you who will show you how to do everything.
Cliffs of Dover isn`t easy, but you can learn it! And you do that the fastest way with other peoples!

ATAG is here by the way:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php

Welcome to the community, and don`t give up!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Default No,

The pedals are even more wrong in Team Fusion and I don't like the gun sounds either. Did you know TF even sux the graphics?
The only thing I liked about it was it repaired the speed indicator.

No one havin problems with a twistin and turnin plane while taxi, difficult to keep straight with rudders?
Strange, I think we have different versions..
Old 03-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

So the majority of CloD + TF players encounter no appreciable problems with any of the aspects mentioned yet it is all wrong and......'sux'

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 03-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Do your pedals work in other games?
Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Pedals sux

Yea my pedals work with other games but I'm not mentionin the stupid implementation of rudder on planes in flightsims these days. Who's usin rudder anyway with that uncontrolable roll and yaw movement, you'd rudder use a joystick. I wonder why they ever added a weakening structure like a rudder to the tail for that kind of futile movement?
A rudder should yaw only just like before the stupid computer world.

I tell you it's STUPID COMPUTER in a world that doesn't excist.
Strange no one else is havin a problem with taxi in the matrix..
Old 03-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

but yaw does produce secondary roll in real life, so STUPID COMPUTERS have it correct.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 03-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

Default Roll with Yaw?

Did you know before the Stupid Computer World (SuCWorld) like in the 20th century in World War 1-2, Korea and Vietnam and so on planes only yaw with rudder movement. Was that physics or manipulating like computer? I say it was natural physics for real just like rudder works on a tail rotor of a helicopter. With the implementation AND the complication of the computer world came the wrong understanding of rudder movement.
This lead to your "real" stupid computerworld understanding of roll occuring.
Btw. I think it was because of people wanting to fly with computer, you know flyin corpses and bodies as air traffic or clouds. They assumed their feet worked like rudder pedals and meanwhile they rolled too for turn movement in the air. Actually they were not life and are not there anymore. Only as cyberpunk.

End do you think they would build a rudder on plane for that useless rudder movement anyway?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

What I do know after 20 years as a commercial pilot and flying instructor is the real world effects of flying controls and the reasons why they do what they do, including why yaw produces secondary roll.
Having read your posts it has become apparent that the real world eludes you in more ways than just flight physics.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Default Real story

Interesting Bongo, for those 20 years you flew and you say I'm wrong?
Would they really build a weakenin structure like a rudder in the tail for such useless movement action would you think?
Exactly those 20 years mark the decades when those "signs" became appearant. Signs that didn't match or made sense with the real world.

Accordin to me the planes I watch flyin in my world still use rudder for yaw in the approach of the nearby airport.
The last time I was in a live passenger aircraft cockpit I nearly caused a crash with the pilots when I left the cockpit afterwards. I think I implemented a real situation and that resulted in an emergency situation.
The pilots had to do a manual landing by joystick while auto wasn't working.
Iow. This world has become so auto it doesn't match the real world anymore.

Do you get the point, Bongo Driver?