Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Main site here: http://www.goflightinc.com/
Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN View Post
Once you mapped your controllers through the keymapper, make sure it runs in the background, open up your CoD and put the same keys on the Contols section. Best to use the GF cotrollers to activate the mapping on your CoD controls section.
The keymapper utility needs to be active in the background for any on your toggels and switch to put out a keyboard character.
I works ok but sometimes the utility stops working, especially when I switch interface (picking up anohter plane or alt tab, or windows key usage or even moving from the main interface to the FMB). On occasion it happens after long flights but I cannot reproduce the situation. It seems random.

When it the utility stops responding and you go and open it again it looks that all the keys are lost. This is not true. Shut the utility completely and restart it and you will see all your keys appearing again. However, do back up your keymapper files, just in case.

Just confirming those issues. Got a message back from John Krieg at Go Flight.

"When using GF-Keys.When you want GF-Keys to be active you open GF-Keys then close to your taskbar.Then go to the GF-Keys icon on your taskbar left click and enable key mapping.Now GF-Keys is ready to go.To check you keystrokes you can open a .txt file and see what keystrokes are being thrown before you start your sim.If all the keystrokes are working then close the .txt file and start you sim.Note:you must enable GF-Keys every time you want to use it.Let me know if you have anymore questions."

Really appreciate your suggestions - off to try and work on it.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Ok got it working.

Thanks to KDN for your help.

Start GoFlight Key Mapper. Go into options. "Enable key mapping".

The other thing that is important is to open up the GF Key mapper directory.

Usually this. C:\Program Files (x86)\GFKeys

Find the GFKeys.exe file

Right click on it. Click on security tab.

Make sure you have full control under your user and admin names. Apply. Reboot.

That seems to get it all working.

Now busy working through all those nice switches and dials
Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Happy to hear it
I have different profiles for different types of planes since there is distinct difference on operation/existance of various cockpit functions among the planes that we currently fly
I have a matching profile inside CoD too.
It is kind of my preflight inspection, making sure all the right profiles are online
If you run into any issues please share.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF74_Taipan View Post
Does anybody know whether there is extra drivers for these devices. Ive looked for hours and cant find anything. (No disc either). Secondly the two progams i did download were

GFconfig Version Version 2.03 Build 1. Absolutely useless unless you want microsoft flight sim.

However this certainly recognises the 3 components.

The other program was GoFlight Key Mapper Version 1.5 Build 83.
Hello Taipan,

Where did you get that GF Key Mapper Version 1.5 Build 83? The only one listed that I could find was 1.4.0.1.

Sabrefly
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Bought the GF-LGT II the other day, to use with Cliffs of Dover. Connected it, lights shining bright and all, but problems soon arose. CoD don't recognize the module. I searched the almighty web and stumbled onto this thread. Changed the admin settings, downloaded and installed Go Flight Key Mapper 1.4.0.1 (cannot find Version 1.5 Build 83 anywhere) and reebooted my computer. Nothing. Go Flight Key Mapper 1.4.0.1 doesn't even recognize the GF-LGT module. Have done some testing, but nothing... So, any chance anyone can publish some sort of "Idiots guide to Key Mapping"-manual? Prettyplzwithsugarontop. When it comes to this kind of things, I'm nothing short of an retard. All help will be much appreciated.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

For the life of me I can't figure out why GFMapper outputs are not recognized by the system, i.e. notepad or clod anymore. I think once I was able to run it on Win7 x64, but now it is just not recognized no matter how I set the security options, run as admin etc.

Sabrefly