Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

I would like to add:

Capture Airfields
Do not kamikaze pilots sat on the airfield. If you are in a diving strafe and realise you cannot pull up then crash away from the grounded player

If everyone in the lobby has rockets or guns equipped please don't take bombs into the game
Old 11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

In Strike:
Don't ram targets just because you're out of bombs.
Don't ram targets just because you're shot up.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

very interesting observation McQ! i have to agree and it makes sense. i have been on both ends of this and am going to have to pay more attention to the planes when it happens. but it seems to work both ways...i shoot the heck out of someone and they go in as a "crash"....or i get shot to $#!t and it robs the guy of the kill. then on the oppositeside of life there are some ac that are made of paper...1 hit and it registers a kill. it must not be a PS3 flaw exclusively.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Cool observation bobby. I'm not sure it's a flaw. Not necceseraly. It amazes me sometimes. And shames me. It's a lot of guys out there that knows how to shoot in motion, so I die a lot too...
But back to the 109... I thought maybe it could be the devs that gave them a little different "touch" than the british birds. I love theire moves anyway...
Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
In Strike:
Don't ram targets just because you're out of bombs.
Don't ram targets just because you're shot up.
Fair play, but its not like we can land and re arm. So when at a 1vs1, out of bombs, either way the plane has to crash to get more bombs to win the game. And no obvious way other then ramming the target.

This draft, it will take some time.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Fair play, but its not like we can land and re arm. So when at a 1vs1, out of bombs, either way the plane has to crash to get more bombs to win the game. And no obvious way other then ramming the target.

Why would anyone play a 1v1 strike game?

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

I'm not sure how you Xbox players have it but I could be waiting a whole hour just to find more then one player to play with. As far as I know I have spent more time waiting for players then playing the actual game. But I guess thats just the time zones. Strangely enough I find more Americans in the game then Russians, big inconvenience to me.

So with limited ammo on, you have four bombs and your enemy has eight, the only thing you can do once your out of bombs and keep ahead of the game you have to crash your plane to get more bombs. Unless your a good pilot and can shoot down a enemy B-17G in a average 10 seconds, there is no way you can win without crashing your plane for more bombs.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

I meant deliberate ramming. No issue with pressing start and bailing. New plane, new bombload.
That is of course unless you're trying to unlock the bombs for the 51D etc

Last edited by Gilly; 11-09-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
So with limited ammo on, you have four bombs and your enemy has eight, the only thing you can do once your out of bombs and keep ahead of the game you have to crash your plane to get more bombs. Unless your a good pilot and can shoot down a enemy B-17G in a average 10 seconds, there is no way you can win without crashing your plane for more bombs.
???
With limited ammo on I can still choose my bombload- B17 can take upto 16, admittedly 500lbs, heinkel he111 can take up to 32. So why would you limit yourself to 4???
Plus as soon as my complete loadout is used up, be that limited or otherwise I bail and get a new plane. If you're in a 10min and it's limited ammo why waste time lining up your plane for a kamikazee, it's much more efficient to have a new plane and bombload that waste 30seconds ramming a target.

And there's always plenty of guys I know playing, at all hours. You seem to be aligned more with the American's judging by your posting times on here so you miss the peak European times 7-11pm gmt which I thought would perhaps be more suitable for Russian.

Last edited by Gilly; 11-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

I'm just saying, if you bail out the plane will fall to earth either way. Might as well ram it and make use of it. If you want I suppose you can bail out just before you ram the target.