Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Default To Publishers, 1C Company and 505 Games

This is my first true post to this forum but I am a long time reader, I hope this doesn't go on deaf ears.

I work in business everyday of my life and I am really trying to understand the business practices of the Developers, IC Company and 505 games. You guys are a team (Developers + IC Company + 505 = Team). I think it is funny how a member from IC Company has to ask someone at 505 games what the status is of the patch? Why would he even have to ask, shouldn't he already know. Why does a member of the development team know what all the patch updates are but has no idea why it has not been approved and released from 505 or Microsoft or for that matter whether it was even sent in the first place. Don't you communicate with each other? If that is not embarrassing and quite comical I don't know what is. You guys should take up late night in the U.S. Lets face reality, you guys are failing badly regardless of who's at fault. How do you guys function on a daily basis? Enough said on that topic, now for the important one. What happen to the term "Customer Satisfaction"? Do you realize you have no, I mean no relationship with your customers. This flaw alone has killed many businesses. Is this how you take care of your companies, nothing like starving it before it has a chance to grow. But then again, how would I expect you to have a relationship with your customers when you can't even communicate between companies. The fact is there is still no patch and it is four months later. I have seen games patched within hours of release, so what is the delay. Who would know, only you. I am trying to understand what your dilemma is and the only thing I can come with is that you simply are having a hard time coming up with the funding. If this is the case, I can proof that putting a patch out there will help solve the issue instead of putting you below the bottom line. After a patch, release some cool DLC's to help fund it. You don't necessarily have to include more missions but just a very functional plane. I know I would be interested in flying a P38 among others. I am sure people would be more than happy to purchase more planes if the game was fixed. I wouldn't think it would be that expensive to produce and the revenue would far out way the expense. If people are happy the word of mouth spreads like wild fire and that is your best marketing tool. Right now if you continue the silent treatment approach hoping everybody will go away is only upsetting people. Sure you made your money but that is only a temporary solution. Most people are going away only to never purchase another product from any of your companies in the future. Not to mention, now some of your customers including me are expressing their right and reviewing your game at websites and writing to review magazines to help future consumers from making the same mistake we did and that is buying your broken product. You may have your money but we will have the final say. How can that be beneficial to you in any future projects? So why let that happen to you, remember the voice of the customer always wins in the end so stop playing the silent treatment and pointing fingers because it isn't doing you or anybody else a favor nor is it solving the problem. Start acting like mature companies who care about their customers and the welfare of their futures. I am telling you this because I belief you have a great product with much potential and I would hate to see this die before it barely gets started in the console business. Lets face it, the consoles are the gaming of the future so start treating its followers with respect.

Thank-you Pudgy
Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

I think you summed it all up rather well…
Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 PM
lost cause

This has all been said before. Over and over again. It looks like we are acually getting a response this time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My biggest concern right now is if we are having these tremendous difficulties with the present game, who the hell is gonna publish the next one?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Well written Pudgy!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Good point...like any professional if I was as slack with my communications as these companies have been I would lose my job pretty sharpish...
________
Mexicocity hotel

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

Pretty sure that we all agree that the lack of communication from 505 has been the underlying issue. I would argue that we have made some progress in that someone at 505 has had to search their customer support enquiry database for previous emails (that have been completely ignored up untill now) and issue a statement to those still on their system. This coincides with the actions that we as a group have initiated and the intervention of 1C. Exactly who or what stimulated 505 to finally respond isn't known but we have a positive relationship with 1C and thats something I consider important. From what Anton has said, 505 have legal rights of ownership and are the only ones in the triplet that decide what gets released and in what form. 505 have issued a statement of intent and we have to work to that and respond accordingly and appropriately. Sometimes you need a stick, sometimes a carrot to get a donkey moving. We will probably need both!

Last edited by SEE; 01-21-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

I was told the relationship with 505 is not good. For reasons we don't know. And it is very evident. I sent a message to Nike-it to try to find something out and he very quickly put up the sticky about the patch. There is some problems here but lets hope these relationships between these companies get worked out.

Evidently there was something happening between them.

Last edited by trk29; 01-21-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling