Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
I imagine the conversation just before that pic was taken went something along the lines of.. "Now George, we're taking you outside for a picture next to a jet.. try and look like you've been near one before.. Under no circumstances must you get in it and try to fly it.. we have someone who'll do all your flying for you we just need some proof that it was you.. Daddy's got big plans for you"
Bahahaha! Thanks Winny, best laugh I've had all day
Old 12-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger7 View Post
In a simulated dogfight, I'd love to go up against Saburo Sakai with him in a later model zero and me in a La-5 or La-7.
I would love to fly with Saburo Sakai, either as his wingman in a real fight or as my opponent in a simulated one. He saw enough death for several lifetimes during the war, when it was all over he became a devout Buddhist and wouldn't kill a mosquito if it bit him. Definately an interesting personality, and an absolute genius with a Zero. Like most pilots, he was about as far from the "Top Gun" stereotype as you can get.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
I would love to fly with Saburo Sakai, either as his wingman in a real fight or as my opponent in a simulated one. He saw enough death for several lifetimes during the war, when it was all over he became a devout Buddhist and wouldn't kill a mosquito if it bit him. Definately an interesting personality, and an absolute genius with a Zero. Like most pilots, he was about as far from the "Top Gun" stereotype as you can get.
You would probably be interested in this:

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...c/stevens.html

It's an article by a guy who's father was shot down & killed by Sakai in WWII. He met Sakai, who was very friendly to him. Sakai even gave his daughter (a fighter pilot) a small piece of his scarf to carry as a keepsake. Check it out.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Thank you, Swagger7.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Francis Gabreski, the guy was a bad@$$.