Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 04-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
if it is her skills, seems we described it wrong... isn't it the rage skill that creates balls on the battle field with mana/rage?
yes, first in the third row

I'll check making recipes when have enough magic runes.

Last edited by aristobal; 05-01-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Picture of Scarescrow scroll looks as blured, non proportional to others scrolls.

I am on 12 lvl, att 15, def 15, int 8, about 270 k gold, units have 7-8 lvl of exp, Necroh and Ram-thorn are nice due to furious, worms can ressurect if damaged, gorguls are some fragile, but ok, gorguanas are ok, 5 islands are open (Hrasken to be last).

Last edited by aristobal; 05-01-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobal View Post
yes, first in the third row. I'll check making recipes when have enough magic runes.
BTW we haven't touched the Rage Skills, only how fast you level them up.
Terroin managed to to make the skill choices more fun now, after leveling up. Now you get exactly 1 of each skill tree, 3 in all to choose between, besides the "gambling" of gold/stats/mana/rage as it was before.

Terroin is here with me today. We will mostly be playing today, only a little modding. As I see it, the biggest bugs have been fixed. There can be balances along the way. But let me know, Aristobal, when you finish game, let me hear your overall thougths on balance etc. After that we will publish the mod.

I checked the items: There are only 2 items that are lizardead... but several for the ice elf race. I guess it is because lizardeads have not been active in the WoTn game. We don't intend to make more items for Bonfire 1. We have focused on new maps, modding, and used the new items from Hylfire.

Also you mentioned the lack of trooptalk for lizardeads: It is noted for a later update... but the level 1-3 you have in the reserve also can be used in a trooptalk... so you can get better trooptalk instead of the Worms if you wish, Aristobal.

Last edited by raknefne; 05-02-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobal View Post
Picture of Scarescrow scroll looks as blured, non proportional to others scrolls.
Noted. I don't think we get around to adjusting it for the first release, but noted.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
But let me know, Aristobal, when you finish game, let me hear your overall thougths on balance etc. After that we will publish the mod.
I have only a hour or so to play per day. I tried play more. Don't put off mass release of mod waiting when I finish - it may take long time.

A few words about mod.
I liked to play units of 1-3 lvl. I have normal, tough and easy battles, some battles I can't win without losses. Balance by first impressions is ok. I hope you corrected so called "bug" with scouting.

Visual look of new maps is normal, not perfect but normal. I have some glitches when sailing.

In the next update you should take more attention to items, possibility to update them, adjustment of units and races items. It is very important.

Overall the Bonfire is progressive mod, good job of developers. It has all chances to be loved with kings bounty and heroes might and magic community.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Yes, the scouting and development of enemy are fixed. I wrote a post about all the major things we fixed a few days ago. It was very annoying, and important to fix.

We have made some items easier to upgrade, but will have a look on all, to fit Bonfire short games.

Adjustments of units will be a ever lasting process.. we have already adjusted a lot especially level 4-5's after Hylfire. And items for dead lizards are on my to-do-list for later updates.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

To all testers: I'm thinking of these 2 things to change in Bonfire:

1. Make the medals easier to optain because of short games.

2. Some quests that can give full set, for instance from guild. You never find sets because of short length of game.

What do you think of this?
Old 05-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

may be full set to be huge bonus? random one item of set per quest may be better?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Would it be difficult to write into the mod: a random set of items could be acquired in parts?

I had too many blue screen crashes with my laptop. I decided to change to another computer. There the game runs fine, but the problem is that I only can play if my two sons aren't at home. Anyway, my remark about a crash can be forgotten.

I think I represent an average gamer here. I usually play on normal and only occasionally on hard level. Here I play on easy level and it has suited me well. I am sorry I can't help you with details, but overall I'd say this mod will be great and lasting fun for players. The problem with WoTN is that it's so huge a game. I actually have been hoping that there was a game just like your mod seems to be.

I like the randomness but it may have strange results: I've reached the second island in the game where I have found just one woodpile so far. And now I've realized I don't need to search for the units I've always used. I'm doing fine with two kinds of snakes and Dryads and two Shooter units. You have really made more units useful.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

Erkilmarl: delete Block of Honey if you find it, it can crash games if you carry it. In final version that item is deleted. Good to hear some are playing on lower difficulties with better starting conditions like Leadership, mana etc., that's how it is intended: Impossible is very difficult, much more than in WoTn or Hylfire. So Easy-Normal-Hard is normal in Bonfire!
I played 2 games yesterday just to level 3, one as Hunter and one as the Blacksmith hero. It was just too difficult for me on Impossible... grrr... but that's how it is on that level, especially until level 5. Terroin was playing on his laptown next to me, he had an easy game, using the Kamikaze spell as Berserker Hero has from start (Warrior type!), having the Whale companion that summons Devilfish, then putting kamikaze on the fish and sending them ahead - enemies gather around it with bigger effect... it worked very well for him - a very different combo compared to normal KB games. And it helps being lucky with finding items and gold as he did... grrr.... me not happy... hehe. Also he had the chargers spell that helps to heal Demons, which was his alliance... Seems the Berserker Hero is good with Demons.

Sets: In the first Bonfire version I make part of set avaibable thru the Axe quest, random 2 of 3 items from different lower sets like the Rage set etc can be optained after doing the 2nd quest where you have to find 50 Cave Spider Eggs... also adding quests to the Guild that can give big parts of sets. I avoid sets with huge Leadership since it spoils a Bonfire game where you don't have so much Leadership from start.

Hunter Hero: I added the Hunters Pet to his spell book (5 mana as level 1 spell), so he now has Trap, Precision, Hunters Pet and Slow. It was a little boring to play before, imo.

Last edited by raknefne; 05-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.