Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Luthier - thank you for the update ... and sorry for your holidays . Hold on!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for the update. I hope the future gives you a break!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
Could we also get more information on mission scripting. Seems there are wonderfull possibilities, but without documentation it's hard to figure them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
Luthier, Is there a fix for the load-outs yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius View Post
Better performance & optimised shadows, (Seperated for cockpit & ground.) Oh & please can you fix the radio comms.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Let them fix the basic stuff first.

There's loads of things that need fixing/manuals/tutorials for etc etc.

The FMB especially needs attention.

BUT

One step at a time.

And the rest of you guys arguing about nothing............give it a rest before you ALL get one.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 05-03-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, fullscreen mode is cool and everything, but... what I'm way more concerned about are the bugs that impair or even kill gameplay for me, and certainly for some other people as well.
What I'm talking about is the non-functioning radio commands, non-functioning loadout/aircraft customization and severely flawed FMs, at least with the hurricane. Some people might get around these easily and have fun anyway, but I...just... can't. That's why CoD is on hibernation for me right now and it won't come out again until Gameplay is fixed. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play CoD (that's why I bought it), but I just can't overlook these issues, they are just game-breaking.
So, why do new things get so much priority over these issues, which were there from the start? Honestly, I think performance generally improved to a point where it is acceptable for most people and I can't, I just can't comprehend why fiddling around with subtle new features gets supreme priority. It's not that that Fullscreen-Mode is a major performance-increasing feature, is it?
When it has to be to new features, please consider features that improve gameplay... the pre-flight briefing was a step in the right direction, though obviously still in a rudimentary state as well.

That said, I appreciate your hard work... but reconsider priorities, please
Old 05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
Yeah, fullscreen mode is cool and everything, but... what I'm way more concerned about are the bugs that impair or even kill gameplay for me, and certainly for some other people as well.
What I'm talking about is the non-functioning radio commands, non-functioning loadout/aircraft customization and severely flawed FMs, at least with the hurricane. Some people might get around these easily and have fun anyway, but I...just... can't. That's why CoD is on hibernation for me right now and it won't come out again until Gameplay is fixed. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play CoD (that's why I bought it), but I just can't overlook these issues, they are just game-breaking.
So, why do new things get so much priority over these issues, which were there from the start? Honestly, I think performance generally improved to a point where it is acceptable for most people and I can't, I just can't comprehend why fiddling around with subtle new features gets supreme priority. It's not that that Fullscreen-Mode is a major performance-increasing feature, is it?
When it has to be to new features, please consider features that improve gameplay... the pre-flight briefing was a step in the right direction, though obviously still in a rudimentary state as well.

Fullscrene is bugged into unplaybility. you heard Luhtier, its the last step into a stable framerate game.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post

Priorities are good. first optimisation...after bugs and after add improvement of gameplay and replacement of placeholder! priorities are only different for some people who have already a playable game... for people with a not playable game ... priorities are different.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

such dedication.

thank all of you for your devotion and hard work.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for your efforts - I hope it pays off for you
Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

waouw, this is a brave... or crazy decision You guys deserve a good rest once the main trouble are fixed.
I really appreciate this hard work on optimization as i have an mid-aged computer
Keep on the good work and thank you so much !!!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Luthier and gang for the hardwork!