Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory > XIII Century: Blood of Europe

XIII Century: Blood of Europe Sequel to XIII Century: Death or Glory

Old 08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Default Intel 945GM mobile gfx chipset

Hi,

A friend of mine's son bought BoE and is trying to run it on a notebook with an Intel 945GM mobile chipset and he is having issues.

Looking at the recommended specs, it could be just that this chipset is not up to the job but I thought I would post here and see if anyone has managed to get it to work on this chipset. (I had a quick search but couldn't see any related posts)

The game seems to run ok (if a bit slow) but the real problem is that when you turn around there is a section of screen that is just rendered completely white. This section is generally directly behind you when you start a game.

Has anyone else seen this issue? is it related to the chipset or something else (i just noticed on here that there is talk about various patches - maybe this is addressed in one of those....)

I think he bought the game from a 'Game' store in the UK.

Many thanks,

Ben

p.s. i've downloaded the latest chipset drivers and set everything to minimum

Last edited by benj; 08-29-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added a ps
Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Can you post a screenshot of screen when it go in this status?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
Can you post a screenshot of screen when it go in this status?
Thanks for the quick response.

I'll will try and get them to send me a screenshot and I'll post it here but it may take a while as I was around their house last night when they asked me to look at it...

In the meantime, I can probably give you a better description.

As you rotate your viewpoint, a vertical 'curtain' of white comes into view as if the rendered background is completely white. This 'curtain' extends as low and as high as you can see. As you continue to rotate the viewpoint, the curtain moves across to covers the whole view. If you continue to rotate, you will rotate past the 'curtain' and it will scroll off to the other side. If you then rotate back, you will find it again. It always seems to be directly behind your initial viewpoint towards the south east corner.
You can be anywhere on the map and it is always in the same direction (SW).

You can't see any of the armies figures in the whiteness but you do see their markers (shields? or similar) that denote where the figures are. You also see all the game controls etc, so it is almost like it can't render an area of the 3d world.

I hope that helps, as I said, I will try and get a sceenshot.

Thanks,

Ben