Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory > XIII Century: Blood of Europe

XIII Century: Blood of Europe Sequel to XIII Century: Death or Glory

Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

The reason I'm asking, is that the previous setting in the Geometry-tab is called "Highest". That doesn't make sense. How can something be higher than highest? Is it just a LOD -setting, or something?

Last edited by St!gar; 10-22-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St!gar View Post
The reason I'm asking, is that the previous setting in the Geometry-tab is called "Highest". That doesn't make sense. How can something be higher than highest? Is it just a LOD -setting, or something?
Hightest is the previous "highest", Ultra now is the "highest" level: the game has been always optimized to work with low prerequisites, so now they add a Ultra level which give better graphic for better performance machines
Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Oh, it's an option that came with the 2.2.1. -patch?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Oh, it's an option that came with the 2.2.1. -patch?
Yes
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

I see. Thanks.

In my most recent experiences, however, it's really hand-to-hand combat that is the biggest resource hog, for some reason. It really is funny. I just played the first English campaign mission; the battle of Evesham, which I'd say is a medium-sized battle. The FPS was just fine, really - mostly in its 30's and 20's, which is quite acceptable in my opinion, as long as the units were just moving around or standing still. Even ranged combat left no particular FPS drop.

But the second units started closing in and fought in hand-to-hand, the FPS instantly took a hit, and rarely went above 15 for the duration of the fighting, usually being less than that. It would get even worse if I started zooming in, for some reason.

I'm wondering why that is the case, to such an extent. Is it because the computer has to do particularly many calculations when this sort of combat goes on? But if that is the issue alone, then why does me zooming in have any effect on it?

I truly don't get it.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I see. Thanks.

In my most recent experiences, however, it's really hand-to-hand combat that is the biggest resource hog, for some reason. It really is funny. I just played the first English campaign mission; the battle of Evesham, which I'd say is a medium-sized battle. The FPS was just fine, really - mostly in its 30's and 20's, which is quite acceptable in my opinion, as long as the units were just moving around or standing still. Even ranged combat left no particular FPS drop.

But the second units started closing in and fought in hand-to-hand, the FPS instantly took a hit, and rarely went above 15 for the duration of the fighting, usually being less than that. It would get even worse if I started zooming in, for some reason.

I'm wondering why that is the case, to such an extent. Is it because the computer has to do particularly many calculations when this sort of combat goes on? But if that is the issue alone, then why does me zooming in have any effect on it?

I truly don't get it.
The hand to hand calculation are very heavy, because the fight is calculated "for each soldier" not for unit like in TW, dynamic factors are constantly refreshing; so I think is hard for the graphic follow this dynamic (from max 20 fighting to calculate in TW to 2000 or more single soldiers fights).