Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

interesting dk,...on xbox.....i cant think of a CTA game i played where there werent ac with bombs. its what i am used to. because i was a late comer i didnt get a chance to set the rules of the game and so i basically joined in " the reindeer games". i am not a great shot, but one thing i can do is land a plane. so i select an ac that i know i can sit on the field ( depending upon the map selected ) .... basically...i am the one being bombed!!! with out decent top cover i get blown to smithereens most of the time. a life without bombs would be awesome! haha...

my pet peeves in cta are $#it#ead$ who land & win field... then sit their @$$es there after the have won it.....OR someone on the on the same team sitting there so the other team cannot lay claim to it. very cheesey
IMO
Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

I think your options are more open with guns only. If you get two opposition ac on the deck you can line them up and get really low and start your run and strafe them both. If you try that with bombs chances are you will get the first one but the blast will take you out at low level.

As for rockets, last time I used them on CTA I found they put my aim off. All that smoke I couldn't see the guy I was aiming at. I much prefer an orderly strafing run, lining the guys engine up and drilling it at close range
Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdomini View Post
good post dkwookie!

Time ago i've wrote a bunch of "common sense" rule too, it might be usefull to add the link at this thread too i think: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17222

P.S.
Couple oh thought about I153 (because u mentioned in your first post) and I16... hope not to be off topic here... a lot of people, specially new players, tends to think that those plane are the most easy to fly and strongest of the whole game, probably because they judge a fighter combat potential just by its turning speed/radius. Having this idea, reveal that those players probably think about a dogfight in a 2 dimensional way only, not taking in consideration that you might need to climb fast sometimes.

I personally think that flying those plane is not easy at all, and quite challenging, their turning ability it's the only good things on them ( in my opinion ), climbing speed ratio is very low and most of the time you have to fly close at stall speed into that. Their survivability is low, and the engine sometimes blew up or turn off on negative G. I never had much kills into those, i fly simulator only, but i admit they are very funny and challenging to fly, specially in cockpit view. Key to win against those is not to get stuck in a turn fight, and it's a pretty easy things to achieve that while flyng a faster plane than I16 I153 series. The I153 is even slower than I16.... i would never take off into one of that, feeling like to be in a "flying potato", like a friend french ace would say...

hello friend italian ace!!

totally agree with u,the only one good thing of the i153 and i16 is the turning speed radius.
in 1 vs 1 it is easy i think to beat those 2 planes (but careful ,their rockets can be deadly)just do a head to head attacks all the time and never accept the dogfight.the 153 or 16 can't resist against a me109g6 ,fw190 or spit fire power.
in a ""many players" games ,it is hard to win against them cause the players who use this planes have an advantage because of their turning radius...and many targets are in the sky for them.

[IMG][/IMG]

TRANSLATE : CE COUP CI IL VA FALLOIR UTILISER LA FORCE: THIS TIME I MUST USE THE POWER

u will find a lot of those funny drawings in a very good website (french)really a great artist:http://tigroukam.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

Last edited by olife; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

That's a great picture Olife. Was it drawn by someone who plays BoP based on the game?

Edit: looking at the date on the website I see it's not. Some fab characatures on there. I love the HE111
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
That's a great picture Olife. Was it drawn by someone who plays BoP based on the game?

Edit: looking at the date on the website I see it's not. Some fab characatures on there. I love the HE111
hello ace!

i don't know exactly if it is based on the game,but i don't think cause this drawing seems to be of the year 2007 exept if it based on the il2 games series on pc,but i m not sure it is based on a video game.

good post dk.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
interesting dk,...on xbox.....i cant think of a CTA game i played where there werent ac with bombs. its what i am used to. because i was a late comer i didnt get a chance to set the rules of the game and so i basically joined in " the reindeer games". i am not a great shot, but one thing i can do is land a plane. so i select an ac that i know i can sit on the field ( depending upon the map selected ) .... basically...i am the one being bombed!!! with out decent top cover i get blown to smithereens most of the time. a life without bombs would be awesome! haha...

my pet peeves in cta are $#it#ead$ who land & win field... then sit their @$$es there after the have won it.....OR someone on the on the same team sitting there so the other team cannot lay claim to it. very cheesey
IMO
Agreed on that one. Haven't done a CTA without bombs. It would be interesting though. My only thought is that you're going to find some players that will just use the 'kamakazee' approach and in effect, use their airplane as the bomb...
Old 03-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

yeah ctas without bombs are almost...liberating. It makes the game fairer and more fun imo! just played one - it was awesome!

kamikazing is actually pretty hard though - the plane doesn't cause any splash damage, and so you actually have to touch their plane.

oh and btw, to avoid kamikazes you can just potter around at 30 kts (capture speed is 35 or less) and do circles and that way only pros can strafe you and nobody can kamikaze you.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

I paid money at the store for this game. And it came with all these planes so people will fly what they want. They earned it.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

dont change the plane and launch the game immediately, if you are the last one to ready up.
dont play for victory.
play for fun, fairness & the victory.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timej31 View Post
I paid money at the store for this game. And it came with all these planes so people will fly what they want. They earned it.
True ...... very true, so basically what you're saying you really dont mind being cheated of kills????

360 n Ps3At the end of the day "you earned it". You're on some ones ass for a good few mins a good tussle only for them to get low drop bombs lower undercarridge for them to crash. How annoying is that dude/duddete, thats my question to you.

But there are some epic points raised.

360 n Ps3. Also courtesy, if you clatter (crash, run into) someone a quick message containing sorry or apologies goes along way we have all gotten a lil to upclose and personal and have clipped wings .............. head ons are head ons if you aint going to back down or move neither im i........... and i dont expect the other guy to do the same!

The above echos crashing while trying to bail either message or wait till the next lobby. Ive kicked myself from games trying to get the bail button

Ps3 - Bombs in CTA's yawns o'clock very boring as is bombers in CTA's and dogfights. I know its only a game but seriously

Could be the same on 360 and Ps3. The host could be trying to organise something historical so please tune in............... im aware there are various nationalities but look at the board in the lobby usually the best hint. so a small collection of H111's bf110 and 3/4 bf109's V's 3spits 2 hurri's and a I153. host aint going to start then changing to a B17 or Fw190 La5 ........... ect ect he still aint going to start lollol