Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
We are now at the point where you make 5 posts in a row to wind him up, you don't even make a single one but clutter up the entire thread.
Hardly

But like you said, you don't care.. So from here on out Ill fight fire with fire since the mods are not able or willing to care
Old 09-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

Lobisomem: You make some very good, valid and useful points, but you're putting them forward in an aggressive manner. Stop the personal attacks, just tell people what you tested and what you found out, it's very simple.

Ace: I don't know who started it and frankly by this point i don't care because we're way beyond the point of a justified initial response to a provocative poster. We are now at the point where you make 5 posts in a row to wind him up, you don't even make a single one but clutter up the entire thread.

I don't want to lock this when testing is being done and useful findings are surfacing, so if any moderating is to be done it will be centered on you two and not the thread itself and we all know what this means.

Please, calm your tempers and mind your manners and attitudes somewhat.

I think this is a fair and ample warning to play nice. If you guys don't stop biting on each other's throat i'll have no other choice but to enforce the rules: if i don't do it in this case then i will have no credibility to demand other people to respect the same rules.

Please don't make me start banning grown-up people in a useful thread just because they can't accept different opinions
I wrote it in the thread regarding good moderation, I wrote it in a PM I sent to Alpha. I will write it here again because there is NOTHING worse than moderators openly pointing fingers at forum members. Especially if those posts are not beneficial to the thread in terms of additional content.

Those red posts should be done by PM and nothing else.

Writing in threads is only causing additional stress and not relaxing the situation but making it worse.

Also you can't expect members to always go back to read posts that are maybe long gone because the thread progressed. Often a thread progresses too fast and they will never even see what you wrote. Not in this case but there have been cases. I don't see the meaning of this.

Please, moderators. Could you please get rid of that bad habit? It's really unprofessional and doing nothing good at all. Pretty please?

That said I must admit the thread got way out of hand. I don't think closing it would be such a bad thing since I can't see anything new coming to the table but spam.

Solving this problem is easy:

1) PATCH: Spawn planes with locked tail wheels and brakes on
2) Ask vintage plane pilots about plane behavior during winds
3) Eventually test if the physics engine works right when the new engine is done (until then a big fix would be a waste of time anyways)
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Hardly

But like you said, you don't care.. So from here on out Ill fight fire with fire since the mods are not able or willing to care
I'll fight fire with proper modeled wind...

Out of here, will install the beta patch... And the topic must be open, Madfish. We have USEFULL info here.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=LoBiSoMeM;331773]:

CloD spawn "unparked" aircrafts as if they are in air, not grounded.

QUOTE]

Exactly - you have just agreed to what I was referring to IRL. Planes are parked with parking brakes or chocks in place. I am agreeing with you and hope that the devs have a look at having aircraft spawn with the parking brake or chocks in place so that we have to disengage or remove the chocks before starting to taxi.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Catseye;332054]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
:

CloD spawn "unparked" aircrafts as if they are in air, not grounded.

QUOTE]

Exactly - you have just agreed to what I was referring to IRL. Planes are parked with parking brakes or chocks in place. I am agreeing with you and hope that the devs have a look at having aircraft spawn with the parking brake or chocks in place so that we have to disengage or remove the chocks before starting to taxi.
Yes, no need to great tweaks in winds or friction. But we need wind SOUND too. Will be nice!

Last edited by LoBiSoMeM; 09-06-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes, no need to great tweaks in winds or friction.
Glad to see you finally admited there is a bug that needs fixing.. tweaking.. changing.. adjusting.. what ever you want to call it this week.. Glad I could help!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Glad I could help!
You are always really helpfull! Thanks a lot!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You are always really helpfull! Thanks a lot!
My pleasure! S!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Red text is to differentiate between talking as a normal forum member or not: when i'm posting like this i'm just discussing things, when i'm posting like this i'm moderating.

If anyone is willing to put up with having to read every single thread with new posts in all sub-sections of this forum and weed out the posts that break forum rules then be my guest and apply for the job.

Mods call them as they seem them, some prefer PMs, i prefer to keep things out in the open to be able to self-moderate my moderating practices: i can't be picking favorites if i do everything out in the open because people will jump on me and rightly so, it's a way to maintain my own impartiality first and foremost and ensure i treat everyone the same.

There's more than one ways to skin a cat, i have my reasons for going at it the way i do. I'm open to feedback but i can't agree with and follow everything i'm told.

There's also another reason and it's more important to me. I don't know, i have this weird notion that flight sim forums are usually comprised of somewhat older people that can be reasoned with.

I could just as easily save myself some time by handing out a couple of bans and telling people in a PM "two days for now, next time it's permanent". I could certainly have banned both Ace and Lobi 3-4 times each for what they've said on this thread alone (and there's also a rule against questioning moderation on top of it all), but i didn't and in return i get some mild "flak" about the red text.

Well, if my willingness to lay my cards on the table is not appreciated but instead, mistaken as an OK to bargain with mods against enforcing the rules, maybe i should start doing things the way i'm asked: anyone who causes trouble can disappear in a "covert" manner with a simple PM to the tune of "you broke rule XYZ" and nobody else will know why or for how long. Are you trying to tell me this is what we want here? Because if the majority asks for it to be this way then yes, i'll be obliged to do it that way.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me (apart from saving me tons of time spent reasoning with the most common "offenders"), but it will sure make a lot of difference to some people here