Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undpilot87 View Post
Not only do the patches not fix much but now they posted a link to a patch that installed all kinds of browser hijacks and adware to my computer. Thanks Luthier! The incredibar is a real pain to get rid of and I can't delete it from my registry. So now not only did you make me pay $60 for a game in Alpha testing, but now you've also made it so that I have to reinstall Windows again. How do they intend on releasing a sequel to this game? Aren't they using the same graphical engine? How do they even test a game with the stutters as bad as they are? Are they using some secret Russian computer that is built for the sole purpose of running this game at a smooth 60fps?
Hey 1C and forum admins! thank you for providing this trojan browser hijacker named mystart incredibar! Thank you for spreading trojan malware! Who is resposible for spreading this crap to our community? I'm REALLY pi**ed, my browser is heavily infected now, THANK YOU!!! Remove this evil sendspace link immediately!

Last edited by FS~Phat; 07-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

first up... stop shouting and settle down

let google be your friend...

http://www.zimbio.com/Spyware/articl...om+Redirection

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com.au...uninstall.html

where is your A/V malware scanner??

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Bogus View Post
Divergent oscillation would be deemed an unacceptable trait in any aircraft - having 'flown the phugoid' myself it needs all sorts of negative conditions (flap/undercarriage etc.) to provoke and is part of assessing an aircraft type's fitness to fly.

The old BE2s were so inherently stable as to be dangerous for exactly the opposite reason - called the 'clutching hand' by the poor sods that had to fly them.

My experience with the latest patch is the aircraft feels resonably 'real' - I had to apply some rudder trim to the Hurri which I'd never had to do before, but once set it was 'hands-off' stable.
http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/.../stability.htm
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 07-26-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni74 View Post
Hey 1C and forum admins! thank you for providing this trojan browser hijacker named mystart incredibar! Thank you for spreading trojan malware! Who is resposible for spreading this crap to our community? I'm REALLY pi**ed, my browser is heavily infected now, THANK YOU!!! Remove this evil sendspace link immediately!
Settle... I just did the download from sendspace and got no such problem.
You must have clicked on one of the ads? Most of these download sites have ads which can lead to these kinds of problems. It's unfortunate but that is the way most of these sites work now and they can make it hard to distinguish the download link from an ad (or link to another download site that looks like the download your looking for) They unfortunately make a lot of money from this type of thing and a lot of the download sites are setup to take advantage of it. I will remove the link to sendspace for now as the site is deliberately placing bogus download links in the ads.

Please follow the advice of wolf_rider above and if you are having further problems removing it PM me and I will help to remove the malware.

Last edited by FS~Phat; 07-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

unfortunately things aren't that easy as you may think, my friend (and others).

The sendspace site was linked to a site named storagenl.info and the provided file has the name IL2COD_18301.rar.exe. of course you won't see the exe extension on windows system on wich is displaying extensions disabled.

This is malware for sure. Thanks for deleting the evil link anyway.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undpilot87 View Post
Not only do the patches not fix much but now they posted a link to a patch that installed all kinds of browser hijacks and adware to my computer. Thanks Luthier! The incredibar is a real pain to get rid of and I can't delete it from my registry. So now not only did you make me pay $60 for a game in Alpha testing, but now you've also made it so that I have to reinstall Windows again. How do they intend on releasing a sequel to this game? Aren't they using the same graphical engine? How do they even test a game with the stutters as bad as they are? Are they using some secret Russian computer that is built for the sole purpose of running this game at a smooth 60fps?
"super secret Russian computer" LOOOOL

I agree with the alpha testing, the development of this game seems more like a garage indie than anything else.

As for the crapware, you fell for one of the oldest tricks in the internets. I don't understand how there are people that still don't use ad blocking programs today. It's free, effective and takes less than 10 sec to install and will remove all the ads.

If you use Firefox or Chrome search for AdBlock in Google. It's free
Old 07-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOPAN View Post
"super secret Russian computer" LOOOOL

I agree with the alpha testing, the development of this game seems more like a garage indie than anything else.

As for the crapware, you fell for one of the oldest tricks in the internets. I don't understand how there are people that still don't use ad blocking programs today. It's free, effective and takes less than 10 sec to install and will remove all the ads.

If you use Firefox or Chrome search for AdBlock in Google. It's free
True, but don´t you think that a gaming company like 1C or UBI can afford their own mirrors?
And if they can´t this whole thing is too bloated anyway.
lol
Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by II/JG54_Emil View Post
True, but don´t you think that a gaming company like 1C or UBI can afford their own mirrors?
And if they can´t this whole thing is too bloated anyway.
lol
Funny, eh?

I think they are working in the basement of an old underground cold war bunker and they had a problem with the old humidity control system, that's why the office flooded a few days ago. Besides, they want no amerikan-kapitalist paid servers!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Hey after I manually update my game to 1.07 (I have it on steam) can I revert back to 1.05 ?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelt View Post
Hey after I manually update my game to 1.07 (I have it on steam) can I revert back to 1.05 ?
Open your Steam game library
Right click on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
select properties
select local files
click on search for errors in gamedata

(directly translated from German, in English it may differ)
Old 07-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

What he said, but I think all you need to do is verify files. Then it will find the discrepancy and revert back to 1.05.