Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
What I was thinking was a type of speech recognition software for some simple phrases in game, requiring the use of a mic...its everywhere now a days
I was daydreaming about that a while back in this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ht=superficial

Working Radar Control in Online Play:

You log on to an SoW server and join the game. A mission is already in progress. On the briefing map, you can see that there are plots all over the board.

You select RAF and choose a Spitfire flying out of Hornchurch. The server auto-generates you the callsign Baker, Blue Three.

Entering the game, you taxi out of your revetment and scramble immediately. Climbing hard, en-route for Dover you ask control for an intercept vector. You key in the commands for this (promising yourself you will get around to sorting out the voice activation system one day soon. Everybody says it's amazing).

You key in: Tab> 1> 3> 2. "Hello Control> This is Baker Blue three> Requesting vector."
Using voice samples similar to those in the old Il-2, the AI controller replies, "Hello Baker Blue three. Steer 160. Bandits inbound at angels zero. Range 40 miles. Over" The AI controller has appointed you a "channel" based on your location on the map. Not everybody hears the same control messages, thus avoiding clutter. A pair of Hurricanes nearby have heard this however, and change course to intercept too.

"Hello Baker Blue Three. This is control. Are you recieving me? Over."

Ah whoops! Unlike the Il-2 series, this controller actually requires a response to communications. If you do not respond to calls he will keep calling you, before finally giving you up as lost.
You key in: Tab> 1> 3> 6. "This is Baker Blue Three. Received and understood."

Minutes later, speeding across the fields of Kent, you key in a request for an update from control.
"Hello Baker Blue three. Steer 160. Contact faint. Bandits at angels zero. Range 20 miles. Over"
They are holding course then. Twenty miles would put them just north of New Romney...

Suddenly the AI control breaks in:
"Hello Baker Blue three. Bandits now heading two zero. Steer oh seven oh. Buster!"

You acknowledge and open the throttle wide, swinging onto the new heading. Your heart skips a beat as two Hurricanes flash across your nose.

"Hello Baker Blue three. This is control. You are right on top of them."
You dip your wing. Can't see a bloody thing. No, wait...there they are! Three fast moving shapes. Darting across the town of Ashford. Rooftop height. Me110's from Erpro-210, making a run for Biggin Hill. You key in the last call - a tallyho to Control. Saftey catches off. Gunsight on. As you half roll into the dive, the gunner of the rearmost 110 is already firing......
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

@feathered IV

quite nicely written but the 110´s should have been hidden from the radar by the ground reflections unless they were above, say... angels 3, or not?
Also detection should be impossible by radar once they passed the coast, one would have to rely on aircraft spotters.
And finally if you have managed to loose the 2 hurris in your hot pursuit of the 110´s those 3 experienced fighter pilots are quite a match for a (assumption) snotty nosed air force reserve pilot officer just 9 months out of college.

Last edited by robtek; 04-15-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

feathered IV
Your vision and presentation through exciting word decription is very enjoyable to read, I'm surprised that I missed the other thread. You paint a very possitive picture of a gaming experience that would transform time, and put us all in the middle of the great war, get tired of the dog fight thing, looking for more I quess. I can only hope that your ideas have been considered, and that SOW will incorperate such exciting game play. I wish that the developer would discuss such possibilities here, instead of the silence that we have

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-15-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Will we be able to choose aircraft in Single Player like in Il-2 Coop missions?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

oleg in bob can we set cross wind for runwaywill it change by itself as the weather front moves thank for reply
Old 04-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Oleg, A pilot should always try to take-off and land into the wind. In SOW with the ever changing weather, how will the pilot on approuch to a field, know the current wind conditions for landing at that airfield? Will it be that he must read the wind sock, or will the information come from the tower via the radio?

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Oleg:

Will SOW

1. Have better (larger) ground object ratio to aircraft size.

2. Have the old collision modelling (able to chew rudders off with propeller) . This was removed because of the dogfight servers complaining of ramming IIRC.

3. Have full radio & navigation equipment working especially the bombers eg: Fug 25 IFF

4. The points system removed and kills, shared kills, probables, bombed factories airfield hangars,shipping and all ground targets shown as graphic icons.

5. Better control over AI bomber flights, ability to get flight as flight leader to drop without having to lock ground targets, at the moment AI follow you like a love sick puppie then try to kill you when you land.

Cheers
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Salute

In the past, Oleg was interviewed, during which interview, he mentioned he would be releasing the recommended requirements for SOW BoB in May of 2009.

Many of us have been waiting to upgrade our computer systems until we hear from Oleg what the requirements are. We want to get a system which can run the game at the levels which deliver all the eye candy we have come to expect from Oleg's games.

Can you at this point tell us what the recommended requirements are? Or when these will be published?

Thanks very much for your patience and thanks to Oleg for all his hard work, we know that SOW BoB will be an amazing game.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Hi,

I have some questions/sugestions about bombers:

1. Some of those bombers have a navigator in its crew. It would be nice if we can ask him where the hell we are.

2. Will the speed rotation of the turrets be modeled?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Salute

Here's another graphics related question.

From what I understand, Oleg has already said that the game will be optimized for multi core CPU's, but my question would be, would it also be optimized for multi core Graphics CPU's?

Ie. would a dual core Graphics card such as an ATI 4870 X 2 1024mb be a better choice than a faster, but single core NVidia GTX 285?

Thanks again
Closed Thread