Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

I already did the modifications, i just wanted to know where were the hint texts are so that i can change them. As for 30 intelligence is for lvl5 of medal. I will do some tests and will see if is overpowered (take in consideration that mage has low leadership, it's only power is spells, therefore i added a lot of intelligence.)
As for human damage for paladin is up to 50% bonus at lvl5 medal (which will be the same damage as a warrior which has 50% more leadership). Also human is very weak against poison,fire and magic (as a whole race) and i added the bonus to make an entire human lineup an option (until now it could only be affective against physical damage).
The way thing are know you can use only a handful of units (because of the 300% bonus). I want mage to go for a full mage setup with high numbers and damage.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

+30int IS overpowered, i did consider mage`s lower lds but his strength isn`t in number of army but in double cast : shroud+fire rain, illusion+illusion, 2xShoal of piranha, mass slow/haste+black hole/death star . . . With 70 int mage black hole make 20K astral dmg to all on battle field.
I`m sorry but i cant agree with that much change to hero. I did change fire mage to +10% to elemental dmg (magic,fire,poison,astral), but +30 int is just to much.
Humans are great in physical/magic dmg but their great feat is moral, and easily resurrected. Also if you take warrior/counterstrike it hilarious to cast stone skin on horseman and kick him in middle of enemy units. Race as itself isnt great, but isn`t weak either.
If you want to make mage setup with high numbers and dmg, then give him x30lds multiplayer , and he`ll have more lds then warrior, more int with your +30 bonus and will be just uninteresting to play with.
I had some ideas to change things in game, but something in area :
1) making items upgradeable so some of them will be useful later in game, not just discarded after we find first better, and making some new composite item of simple 1-2lvl items but useful during game. So far we collected items we dont use to destroy them with neatness for magic crystals, now there will be other options.
2) making some new spells -holy rage(as inquisitor skill) , lower enemy resistances (like goblin shamans passive ability), bonus poison dmg (like hell breath) , human/dwarf/elf/lizard/undead slayer (why to make bonus dmg to dragons/demons only, lets treat all races equally)
3) bladeking gave me great idea here , 9th post on page :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=22725&page=6
Why only mage have bonus not restricted. His int can go to 200 and still will get more dmg, att/def are restricted to 300% bonus/reduction, but bladeking try to make my idea work and it`s great.
4) Also here is something interesting http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25742 , crit% working on special attack/spells.

Why i said this? Because you claim only handful units are useful in game because 300% bonus limit. I wouldnt agree , try warrior build with orcs , or melee shrek build, all dragon army with mage , 4th melee units +65% dmg as i mentioned on this tread bottom 8th page, 100crit% archer army with human+elf or orcs , girl power army , now that legendary phoenix can resurrect demons and new dictator 5thlvl unit pick them and go wild . . . There are lots of great unit builds and they arent limited just on mage hero. This changed RSE mod is harder as grimeleven said on start but to play it no need to strenghten mage in your files, just try other units and see what goes and, there is lots of them on debir island. No1 said we must play impossible settings.

I must agree with langtu on his remark maelstroms are overpowered, i have them on 178att/196def , 65%crit , 150-194mdg, it`s just not funny in battles Even black knights were interesting to play then this insane unit.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 09-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

I understand yr. point of view, i really do. That's why i lowered the leadership for mage. The intelligence is not that high because at the end you will have 60-70 int, the thing is you wont have to use only int+ items. And few will get the 5th medal for mage, most will have the 4th medal with 20 intelligence. And for the 20k damage from black hole, i did 10k damage with 6 or 8 maelstrom with mage lvl40+. The warrior class can have 15+ maelstroms by the same time with + 3 retaliation (that ends up with 20k dmg with 1 attack possible and 3 retaliations, and they can hit up to 3 targets, which is mostly the case).
My fault for misleading you (about the few units playable), i was referring to the mage class. There are also several builds here, i tried black knight and got bored of it after like 10 fights, and the other builds mostly refer to solo/1 troop army. I want to use 5 mage type units (they will be similar with archer build but lower dmg)
Another thing i wanted to make possible is a mass resurrect spell for paladin (and only for paladin class) something when you hit resurrection lvl 3 skill (i want to buff up this class to, to make it more playable) but not as powerful as lvl 3 resurection (in the area of lvl2) . Probably i will drop the 50% dmg bonus for humans and will make them for all lvl 1-3 units + paladins.

Last edited by yujy; 09-07-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujy View Post
I understand yr. point of view, i really do. That's why i lowered the leadership for mage. The intelligence is not that high because at the end you will have 60-70 int, the thing is you wont have to use only int+ items. And few will get the 5th medal for mage, most will have the 4th medal with 20 intelligence. And for the 20k damage from black hole, i did 10k damage with 6 or 8 maelstrom with mage lvl40+. The warrior class can have 15+ maelstroms by the same time with + 3 retaliation (that ends up with 20k dmg with 1 attack possible and 3 retaliations, and they can hit up to 3 targets, which is mostly the case).
My fault for misleading you (about the few units playable), i was referring to the mage class. There are also several builds here, i tried black knight and got bored of it after like 10 fights, and the other builds mostly refer to solo/1 troop army. I want to use 5 mage type units (they will be similar with archer build but lower dmg)
Another thing i wanted to make possible is a mass resurrect spell for paladin (and only for paladin class) something when you hit resurrection lvl 3 skill (i want to buff up this class to, to make it more playable) but not as powerful as lvl 3 resurection (in the area of lvl2) . Probably i will drop the 50% dmg bonus for humans and will make them for all lvl 1-3 units + paladins.
I think the strong point of mage is double cast.
The damgage dealer is lighning ball.
Then dragon toy + item gain dmg for lighting + double cast + wake dragon spell -> in late game, I don't even use any damge spell.
So your idea gain int for mage is really good.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

I still cant agree with so high int bonus, but it`s your call.
As for lightning ball only dmg dealer . . .hm , what you do against draogn stacks and 80-90% magic res ? There you need plague/death star/black hole/piranha shoal , or some other physical/astral dmg spell.

I attached here fixed items.txt eng_items.lng and special_params.txt for those who want to dl. I added all new units (legendaryphoenix, maelstrom, harl ... to item/sets/params etc). I changed some item description in eng_items.lng but all items are same as in original red sands, just added new units for bonus (fireskeleton, venskeleton for bow items . . .).Also i added lizardead race since it`s forgotten in red sands to add them to item bonus.
Place items.txt special_params.txt in config folder, eng_items.lng in localization/eng/other.

Question : Any idea how to make composite item ?
In config/items.txt i copy item from winner_belt but changed to values,stats of my item, in items that make this new item i added usable in propbits next to item type, and i copy usec=020000000. . . string, from items that make winner belt.
In localization/eng/other/eng_items.lng i added new item same way winner belt is, and in it`s components added :
<br> [sys]Special: [d]a fragment of the artefact known as the [b]''[/s].
I have all 3 item that make new, but i cant `use` them.
Help some1
Other problem is with upgradeable old items, i added lvl`s to some old weak items and make them usable later in game, and it works great. I have those items also can upgrade them, and get new lvl`ed item with bonus but item picture is blank only white space(attached screen). It exist in inventory and gives bonus to my units but it have no picture. In items.txt for that new upgraded item i set some 52x52 picture i dl from net and it wont work. If i change image=heroitem_... to something other then my png file that is already in game it works fine. But i would like to make different item from those already in game. What else i need to change for my items to be shown in hero`s inventory?

Any hint as to where to find pet dragons lvlup information ? I wanted to add more lvls to him.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_war_axe.bmp (355.3 KB, 24 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixed.zip (137.4 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 09-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I still cant agree with so high int bonus, but it`s your call.
As for lightning ball only dmg dealer . . .hm , what you do against draogn stacks and 80-90% magic res ? There you need plague/death star/black hole/piranha shoal , or some other physical/astral dmg spell.

I attached here fixed items.txt eng_items.lng and special_params.txt for those who want to dl. I added all new units (legendaryphoenix, maelstrom, harl ... to item/sets/params etc). I changed some item description in eng_items.lng but all items are same as in original red sands, just added new units for bonus (fireskeleton, venskeleton for bow items . . .).Also i added lizardead race since it`s forgotten in red sands to add them to item bonus.
Place items.txt special_params.txt in config folder, eng_items.lng in localization/eng/other.

Question : Any idea how to make composite item ?
In config/items.txt i copy item from winner_belt but changed to values,stats of my item, in items that make this new item i added usable in propbits next to item type, and i copy usec=020000000. . . string, from items that make winner belt.
In localization/eng/other/eng_items.lng i added new item same way winner belt is, and in it`s components added :
<br> [sys]Special: [d]a fragment of the artefact known as the [b]''[/s].
I have all 3 item that make new, but i cant `use` them.
Help some1
Other problem is with upgradeable old items, i added lvl`s to some old weak items and make them usable later in game, and it works great. I have those items also can upgrade them, and get new lvl`ed item with bonuse but item picture is blank only white space. It exsist in invertory and gives bonus to my units but it have no picture. In items.txt for thet new upgraded item i set some 52x52 picture i dl from net and it wont work. If i change image=heroitem_... to something other then my png file that is already in game it works fine. But i would like to make different item from those already in game. What else i need to change for my items to be shown in hero`s invertory?
lighing ball is not magic damage.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Hm . . . no, it`s magic dmg :
Code:
 ball {
    hinthead=pet_ball_name
    class=scripted
    script_calccells=lightning_ball_calccells
    script_attack=pet_ball
    attack_cursor=magicstick
    place=3
    level=9
    default=level1
    upgrade {
      level1=level:0/damage:magic:10:15,shock:20,rage:15,rest:1,exp:10,level:1
      attack1=level:>0,attack:0/damage:magic:+0:+5,shock:+2,rage:+3,exp:+4,attack:1
      attack2=attack:1/damage:magic:+0:+7,shock:+2,rage:+4,exp:+6,attack:2
      attack3=attack:2,LV:>25/damage:magic:+10:+15,shock:+2,rage:+7,exp:+8,rest:+1,attack:3
      attack4=attack:3,LV:>30/damage:magic:+10:+5,shock:+4,rage:+7,exp:+10,attack:3   
    }
  }
If you want to have fun, try killing dragons with it.

Any way i think red sands dev crew, and some of our fellow moders are on vacation because no1`s sending any kind of suggestions about implementing new item in game what got me stuck(among other things).

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 09-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

the resurrection ability of inquistor don't working.
I'm reinstall KBCW and redsand but it doesn't work.
Any suggestion?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Request for % hp bonus change

Hi
I'd like to repeat yujys' request for a tweak to exp_system.lua (unfortunately changing "abs" to "in percent" in exp_system_cfg doesn't work),
as I'm a noob when it comes to lua scripting i don't know how to write/modify
the appropriate function but I'm pretty sure some modding guru will be able to do it in a blink

P.S. thanks to the Red Sands team for their excellent mod and to grimeleven for RSE
Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

@Fat shade

What items did you change earlier? I copied the new files and now i couldn't load my previews save. I started a new campaign (to see if it works) and works fine. Therefore i believe there is an error in the items.txt or eng_items (an error with one of my items i have on me).

@Rudi

I'm still trying to do that, but i don't know which parameter to use to indicate the HP of the unit.
I tried hitpoint(like is written in the units files), health and several others. For damage, for example, they use dam_min and dam_max.I will let everyone know if make a breakthrough. I'm also a noob about editing but if you really want something you have to try to modify the game as it fits you. Fad Shade for example has different ideas on how to augment the, so call, weaker classes but that only refers to the way he plays the game, while i have different styles and desires for my play through. All i'm saying is to give it a try who knows.

Last edited by yujy; 09-08-2011 at 08:19 PM.