Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 12-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Oh boy. You guys do realize the point of this is to bomb targets right? I would hope that 50% of the blues would be in some sort of plane that carries bombs. You do realize there's 15 109's right? And those E1's can run circles around the 2 speed props that the allies have.

I mean, if you're going at it from the point of view that you want to fly lonewolf and not use tactics, teamwork, or strategy then this isn't for you, but I can assure you winging up in a 110 is fairly deadly for any sort of SpitI/HurriI you encounter.

I think some people really need to fly more than one plane, or at the very least, learn about their opponents planes.

I can't please everyone, but this type of event isn't for those who plan on flying alone or those used to flying against AI. Sorry.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
Hi fellas,

It's finally time to get a Bomber Night going.
Any chance of it running on Sunday too? I got to see a man about a horse on Saturday
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Looks awesome!!! See you Sat
Old 12-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

I'll be there with a Ju87, at least I can see ground targets.

Only a question: there were more Hurries than Spits, do you think to limit Spit number too? Only for an historical reason, I mean...

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Count me in! If anyone wants to team up with me in a Stuka formation we might have higher chances of survival and look impressive as we dive down on our targets!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

the 109 pilots should load some B-Patrone in their MG17s, than they work almost like canons......

and with a correct warmed up engine and the correct mixture at height, the G.50 is a nice plane to fly

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 12-15-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
Great initiative Bliss Just confirming date/time for commencing battle. Am I correct in conversion of CST? I make that commencing 23:00pm Saturday December 17, 2011 (Australian Eastern Summer Time).
Confirmed. CST is UMT-6 vs. Australian EDT at +11.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Thread clean up. If you want to fly in this event then please do, it looks like a lot of fun, and ATAG deserve thanks for putting it on.
don't like it, don't fly.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

I think it's funny that blue fliers are whining about the plane set!
Credit to you ATAG guys- keep up the good work, I appreciate your efforts despite the problems that keep cropping up. Historical accuracy is important- if you fly dumb, you die.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
Confirmed. CST is UMT-6 vs. Australian EDT at +11.
That's what I worked out too. Seems an odd time to benefit Aussies and Kiwis as it's bed time. Not really a time to fire up COD for a few hours.

We are mostly healthy folk and actually get up early on weekends to have a life! e.g. go for a surf