Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > NecroVisioN: Lost Company

NecroVisioN: Lost Company Prequel to the old-school, horror FPS

Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation NecroVisioN: Lost Company in Development

1C Company, announced today the development of NecroVisioN: Lost Company - the prequel to the old-school, horror FPS. The game covers the events that happened before the original NecroVisioN story began.

The new game contains several unique levels, characters, weapons and gameplay elements, as well as a new main hero that tells the original game story from an opposing perspective. Players can now take on the role of one of the WWI German soldiers that discovers the evil forces unleashed by the war, and starts to fight against them. Eventually they lead soldiers from all the nations gathered on the front through massive battles against zombies and demons. Finally players become the first Necromancer that will fight against Simon Bukner in NecroVisioN.

Key Features:

• 10 new levels in the single player campaign
• 15 new characters
• 6 new weapons
• Variety of special weapon upgrades
• New drivable vehicles to use in the fight including the FT17 tank and Halberstadt CL.II airplane
• Several additional close combat techniques, spells and fatalities in single player
• New, unique multiplayer mode: Gas Attack
• 3 new maps and several new skins for multiplayer mode
• New visual effects like enhanced depth-of-field, soft shadows and new shaders with optimized renderer and data loading system.

NecroVisioN: Lost Company
is scheduled for release in Q1 2010.

Last edited by Nike-it; 09-09-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

excellent.

btw, what's going on with the european publisher situation? are aspyr doing the europe releases aswell? really annoying to get the games now much later for europe than the us. needs to be corrected.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

First Screenshots can be found here and debut trailer can be downloaded here

Last edited by Nike-it; 09-09-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Another awesome game to look forward to. I like the addition of the flying mission(s).

You say here that there are 10 new levels, but on the site it only says 7 - Which one is more recent?
Also, is this going to be an add-on? It says "new levels in single player campaign"...
Old 09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Awesome news, thank you very much
Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Great ! That's a very good new
I saw the map DM_Airport in the video i knew that it would be a full level in extension !
Now we just have to wait
Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

in Lost Company,i only wish for better atmosphere.

+new features are all good.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Great news, cant wait to play it!! Will it be a expansion? Will it need the first Necrovision to be installed in order for this to work??
Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN View Post
Great news, cant wait to play it!! Will it be a expansion? Will it need the first Necrovision to be installed in order for this to work??
It is stand alone prequel. So no need in original game.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
It is stand alone prequel. So no need in original game.
In other words: Full price for a half new game... ? :/
I don't blame Farm 51 or the publisher for this attempt, since it's a general tendency in the business, but seriously: I miss classical addons. I hope that this will be like with Battle out of Hell - so you'll have the choice if you want to install it as a stand alone game or as an expansion.

I don't like having different applications for a game and its expansions, but I really hate having different folders for them. It's not that comfortable and it's an incredible waste of diskspace as the games could actually use shared ressources. Also patching both games separately is absolutely needless. And the worst what could happen: Enhancements for the prequel while the original game remains the same it was while it could also make use of possible performance improvements and reduced loading times.

I know, it's not always possible to do it and sometimes there are so massive changes made to the engine, that it's not worth the effort to make the original game work on the upgraded one, but in most cases it would be perfectly possible and make sense... <.<

Well, anyways: I'm looking forward to playing Lost Company. It seems to add the stuff that I felt was missing in NecroVision.