Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

As it stands now I am leaning strongly towards buying BOP.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

^ If you want realism, there really doesn't appear to be any choice. If it's arcade, then maybe you have a tough decision.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

I haven't been this hyped for a xbox360 game since gta4.

with gta4 it was all "hype", they released screenshots of cars jumping off transporters and fingerless gloves and people hanging off helicopters - none of these things actually happen in-game, very sneaky

thing is with BOP, we haven't been tricked, Anton has been honest with us at every step, example: the German cockpit thing.

Last edited by mar01006765; 08-31-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar01006765 View Post
I haven't been this hyped for an xbox360 game since gta4.

with gta4 it was all "hype", they released screenshots of cars jumping off transporters and fingerless gloves and people hanging off helicopters - none of these things actually happen in-game, very sneaky

thing is with BOP, we haven't been tricked, Anton has been honest with us at every step, example: the German cockpit thing.
Actually on GTA 4, you do have some people hanging on the side of the helicopters, and cars jumping off transports

ON TOPIC: I thought this review was fairly good, the reviewer seemed to know what he was talking about, and actually seemed to have gotten his hands on the demo, and tried it out. I think the 9/10 rating is fair
Old 08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Yep, I am agree with what people said; What ever you want, Arcade or Sim Flight, BOP is from far better that HOE. I Mean I love flight sim as IL2 on PC. So for me there is no doubt, BOP is for me, but I have done this afternoon just for fun the Battle of Britain mission on Arcade mode and it was really fun ! I think a fan of Arcade game will look for a game that's first of all is fun and beautiful to spend a good time. So...BOP is both on arcade mode. So for me no possible Choice, BOP is definitely THE ONE to own.
I will tell when a French review is available but if most of the review are so good for the moment is there is a reason: this game is damned good !
no one can put a bad score for this game. Only people who dont know nothing about Sims...and in case, you don't have to take care of this bad score.
BOP rock...that's it
Can't wait to see you in air !!! 3 days left for Switzerland !!!! YEEEEHHAAAA !
Old 09-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqubit View Post
It would be ABSURD if you wouldn't buy the game

(think of the chance of somebody actually finding&posting on THIS forum and NOT buying the game, that is near zero ... having found this forum AND posting on it says you've got a serious interest in BoP. Now with the 9/10 flying around you have no choice but to buy the game ... simple really)
Actually if you know me I talk about videogames a lot more then I actually play then. There has been lots of games where I spent a lot of time talking about then a month or 2 before release, but then never actually playing then. In fact I haven't even touched a videogame since late July.

If BOP was coming out in Oct-Dec I wouldn't even be paying attention as there are games I really want to play during those months, and I only have a casual, moderate interest WWII Flight games.

Also of note the College Football Season begins on Thursday, and I am a HUGE College Football fan, and there will be 5 straight days of College Football(Thursday, Friday, Satruday, Sunday, and Monday). So I don't know if I will pick up BOP on release or not.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
Actually if you know me I talk about videogames a lot more then I actually play then. There has been lots of games where I spent a lot of time talking about then a month or 2 before release, but then never actually playing then. In fact I haven't even touched a videogame since late July.

If BOP was coming out in Oct-Dec I wouldn't even be paying attention as there are games I really want to play during those months, and I only have a casual, moderate interest WWII Flight games.

Also of note the College Football Season begins on Thursday, and I am a HUGE College Football fan, and there will be 5 straight days of College Football(Thursday, Friday, Satruday, Sunday, and Monday). So I don't know if I will pick up BOP on release or not.
No one cares.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Actually on GTA 4, you do have some people hanging on the side of the helicopters, and cars jumping off transports
Not only that, you can jump and hang onto choppers yourself, though opportunities for this are pretty much limited to multiplayer with another player piloting the chopper. I have used this to pick up the boss off a boat in the Cops n Crooks mode, and also to pick up team mates who are down in the water itself.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

I know, gonna be a messy weekend of brats, sauerkraut, Leines and BOP. Maybe Erin Andrews will give a shameless plug for the game. Joe Pa is GOD!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Why would you talk about games and then not play them, then expect your opinion to be taken seriously? The game is getting great reviews so far, and to date only one sad, lonely little man has had anything particularly negative to say about it. Gamespot will most likely go 9/10 on BoP, just like everybody else is currently. The 9/10 will bring in more people who may not have shown an initial interest in the game. Once again, your fabulous business sense shines through. How is it that nobody has run you over with a truck yet?