Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Default Need help from fellow fans!

I love this game! I love it so much I want to design some maps of my own. The problem is, I'm running it in Linux and when I try to install the map editor it tells me it can't find the game and refuses to install. I assume that's because it's not finding the proper Windows registry entries. So if someone could post the necessary entries from their registry along with where they go, I'd really, really, really appreciate it!

Hint: Hit "Start," "Run," then type "regedit" In the window that comes up, choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Choose "Software." Now look for a key (folder) named 1C or Nobilis or Atari, depending on which version of the game you have. Click on that folder and you should see a key called "Fantasy Wars." Choose that. The info I need is in the right-hand pane. I need the entries under Name and Data. Thank you.

Also, on feanor's fan site there is mention of several other FW games. Are those available in either Western Europe or America? I know Elven Legacy is coming out soon here in North America, but what's in FW: Gold and is there somewhere I can buy it?

Last edited by danebramage; 03-16-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

FW: Gold is available only in Russia. But you shouldn't worry as Elven Legacy will include all missions which can play in Gold edition and even more.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Hope this helps

Just looked at forum today.
I have the Atari version
I followed your instructions and not sure if what I found will help you.

under name
(ab)Default
under type
REG_SZ
under data
(value not set)

I am not familiar with the registry editing.
Post, with instructions, :>), if I can find anything else.

Great game
John