Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN

NecroVisioN First-person shooter. The year is 1916. Young private fights enemy soldiers, vampires and demons on the battlefields of World War I and underground.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:42 AM
Registered Member

Default Crime fiction to give for Christmas

Crime fiction to give for Christmas
Give books for Christmas , writes Kerrie of Mysteries in Paradise, and who am I to disagree? Giving crime fiction for Christmas, though, seems slightly counter-seasonal. I am never quite sure how the generalist recipient (as opposed to a dyed-in-the-wool addict) really feels when presented with a dark tome.
Nevertheless,mad man, Kerrie has urged bloggers to make their recommendations for Christmas gifts from the titles they have read this year , so Ill give it a go. Ive divided my selections into two:
The Last Fix by K O Dahl , translated by Don Bartlett (Oslo, Norway)
Needle in a Haystack by Ernesto Mallo , translated by Jethro Soutar (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Water Blue Eyes by Domingo Villar , translated by Martin Schifino (Vigo, Spain)
I chose the above titles because they are not by standard, well-known authors in the genre, but are distinctive (and not n th in a series).
Thirteen Hours by Deon Meyer , translated by K L Seegers (Cape Town,mad man, South Africa)
Thursday Night Widows by Claudia Pinerio , translated by Miranda France (near Buenos Aires, Argentina)
The Lying Tongue by Andrew Wilson (Venice, Italy, and England)
I chose these titles because they all tell a very good story, as well as involving a crime. Some of them might not strictly be considered as crime fiction but I think any of them would encourage a novice to try a few more in the genre!
Do you have recommendations for Christmas presents,madman chronicles? Visit Mysteries in Paradise to add your post of choices.