Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Default How to replace spacecraft models in SW 1?

Hi there, i really enjoy playing Star Wolves 1 and am planning to try SW 3.

Question is? how can i replace SW1 spacecraft models? or add something new and register them as obtainable? I want to replace the Mothership model with something else.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:50 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

To replace the model of the Star Wolf in SW1 you'd have to go firstly extract the .dat file in the Data folder of the game, just extract it in there with 7Z or WinRar and Overwrite if it asks.

After that you need to go to the Game folder and then Open the Carcasses.xml file with Notepad or preferrably "Notepad++". Search for the <BigShip name="Mothership"> Entry. Then you just need to change the <mesh_name>mothership</mesh_name> entry to another .IMD Mesh file.

Importing Custom Models which aren't in the \Objects folder is quite tricky though, I would only post instructions if you intend on doing that.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 06-26-2018, 02:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
To replace the model of the Star Wolf in SW1 you'd have to go firstly extract the .dat file in the Data folder of the game, just extract it in there with 7Z or WinRar and Overwrite if it asks.

After that you need to go to the Game folder and then Open the Carcasses.xml file with Notepad or preferrably "Notepad++". Search for the <BigShip name="Mothership"> Entry. Then you just need to change the <mesh_name>mothership</mesh_name> entry to another .IMD Mesh file.

Importing Custom Models which aren't in the \Objects folder is quite tricky though, I would only post instructions if you intend on doing that.
I'd like it very much if i can do it, i want to get an alternative appearance for the mothership. But then, how will the custom model deal with turrets and rockets ( for fighters-class crafts? ).
Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

You mean you want to change the Equipment of the Ship? then you'd have to go to the Game\Carcasses.xml file and search the Mothership Entry there, the rest should be self explanatory.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)