Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

I tried the Maintenance station. There was no screenmessage, and I went ahead and played up to the first MS transition and it still was blocked. I'm not clear on how to use the Mod Menu, though?
Old 10-06-2015, 04:52 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @crowfeathers

The Mod Menu can be activated via an Perk the Hero gets at the start of a new game, or if someone uses an older version, it can be added Via the Compatability Sub-Menu of the Maintance Station.

and Please try to Recreate your case by trying to toggle the MSSwitchblock in-game and post the .log here in your next post, so I can see what actually is wrong.
It reaallly would help alot if you post the .log
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 10-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

(10:53:52) (INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - Data\Scripts\InitTradeSystem.script
(10:53:52) (ERROR) ScriptDispatcherServices::CreateShop('inv_templars ') - shop not created!
(10:53:52) (INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Quests\MISSION_1\RETURNHERO.script
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) StarWolves ScriptObject class count = 49
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "PirateSpeaker2" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "SpeakerGW" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "ViperSpeaker" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "PirateSpeaker" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "KfniSpeaker" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "VksSpeaker" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (WARN) no team: "TriAgent" <pilot> class global variable
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) Register pilot variable: "Pilot_BasePilot" (class = Pilot, id = 276)
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) Register pilot variable: "pilot_BasePilot" (class = Pilot, id = 276)
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) Register pilot variable: "Pilot_Hero" (class = Pilot, id = 653)
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) Register pilot variable: "pilot_Hero" (class = Pilot, id = 653)
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) Load ship data (armor mod)
[ScriptSystem] (INFO) SWITCH Lua perkDispatcher to "mk1" version.
[ScriptSystem] AttachEvent: Trigger: tag = 28, class = "Trigger_InsideVolume", id = 696
(10:54:4 (INFO) Dialog::Start: DATA\Scripts\Trade\DialogR2.xml
(10:54:49) (INFO) Dialog::ExecuteLUAFunction: OnStationStartGW
(10:54:49) (INFO) Dialog::Finish: DATA\Scripts\Trade\DialogR2.xml
(10:54:50) (INFO) Dialog::Start: DATA\Scripts\Trade\DialogGW.xml
[ScriptSystem] ScriptParam' function SW3EXP_Story_MSSwitch_Toggle not exist in scriptspace!!!

(10:54:55) (INFO) Dialog::ExecuteLUAFunction: SW3EXP_Story_MSSwitch_Toggle
(10:54:5 (INFO) Dialog::ExecuteLUAFunction: DialogR_fin
(10:54:5 (INFO) Dialog::Finish: DATA\Scripts\Trade\DialogGW.xml
(10:55:01) (INFO) GameManager:eleteAllGameObject: Object(Station) name = "station_triada_zaprav" UID(243) RefCount(1) not deleted
(10:55:01) (INFO) STARTED 3D System RELEASE
(10:55:01) (INFO) COMPLETE 3D System RELEASE

(10:55:01) (INFO) Root::ReleaseObjects()
(10:55:02) (INFO) GUIApplication::Release()
(10:55:02) (INFO) -------- GUITextureManager::~GUITextureManager ------------------------
(10:55:02) (INFO) -------- GUITextureManager::~GUITextureManager OK ---------------------
(10:55:02) (INFO) GUIApplication::Release() OK
(10:55:02) (INFO) Root::ReleaseObjects() OK

Log stopped: 10:55:02, Tuesday, October 06, 2015

The script file you mentioned is definitely present, however.

My hero also seems to lack a mod menu perk and the compatibility option to add it also does nothing.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:57 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Hmm

Replace the contents of this file: "Data\Addons\@SW3.Expansion\system.lst"
with the following:
Code:
sys_IncludeFileList =
{

-- Main Files
"sw3_expansion_AI.lua",
"sw3_expansion_BaseBuilding.lua",
"sw3_expansion_BountySystem.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Config.lua",
"sw3_expansion_CountJumps.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Create_Flight.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Debug.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Dialog.lua",
"sw3_expansion_DynamicMissions.lua",
"sw3_expansion_DynamicMissionsGen.lua",
"sw3_expansion_DynamicMissions_2.lua",
"sw3_expansion_DynamicMissions_3.lua",
"sw3_expansion_DynamicMissions_4.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Emergency.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Events.lua",
"sw3_expansion_FileIntegrity.lua",
"sw3_expansion_followers.lua",
"sw3_expansion_FreedomKillerBlock.lua",
"sw3_expansion_FunBox.lua",
"sw3_expansion_functions.lua",
"sw3_expansion_GateBlockades_Remastered.lua",
"sw3_expansion_hyperjump.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Init.lua",
"sw3_expansion_JumperSystem.lua",
"sw3_expansion_main.lua",
"sw3_expansion_MissionAssist_4.lua",
"sw3_expansion_MissionAssist_4_Part2.lua",
"sw3_expansion_ore.lua",
"sw3_expansion_PilotTeamSwitch.lua",
"sw3_expansion_PrivateMercenaries.lua",
"sw3_expansion_Random_Contacts.lua",
"sw3_expansion_ResourceSystem.lua",
"sw3_expansion_StoryShipBlock.lua",
"sw3_expansion_sysm.lua",

-- Special
"Agent_Core_AI.lua",

-- Include's
"sw2_include\SW2_Create_flight.lua",
"sw2_include\SW2_Create_flight_2.lua",
"sw2_include\SW2_RandomContacts.lua"
}
The error seemingly claims that the script wasn't loaded, this could lead to a variety of issues that could happen when scripts aren't completely loaded from my Mod, very strange indeed.

EDIT: Seems there were some problems regarding the system.lst, I did upload an Fixed version now.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 10-06-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Incidentally, the issue turned out to be an error while loading the hyperjump script:

error: <statement> expected;
last token read: `#' at line 14 in string "DATA/Addons/@SW3_Expansion/sw3_expansion_hyperjump.lua"
error: attempt to call global `IMSystemManagement_SetPatrolBudget_Extre' (a nil value)
<string "DATA\Scripts\Locations\corrino\activate.scr.. .": line 310>

When the engine hits a scripting error it stops and won't load any more scripts for that addon, and of course the ship block lua comes later in the list.

I still have no idea how to open the Mod Menu, though. Where is it?
Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

The Mod menu is basically activated by using the "Mod Menu" Perk, the hero gets one on a new Game immediatley.

And one more thing: This whole error is hilarious, seriously, I made a very funny mistake, go to the hyperjumps.script file and remove the strings that begin with "#" at the top

I simply forgot to remove them in the release version ^^, sorry to bother you with some silly mistakes I made.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:47 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Info

Hey ya'll, sorry for the delay, I fear its gonna take a bit longer to the next Update, but don't worry, it will Include even MORE Content, more Ships&Variety for ALL Factions, HELLOADS of Bugfixing & Balanceing!. I think I will have an fun to play Build released maybe this Month, but I can't promise anything.
Reminder: If you encounter any Bugs or something like that, Post it here so I can fix it.

Also: Be aware that I will be also slowy removing ALL Debugging Options in the many Sub-Menu's of the Mod, including debug options in the Maintance station menu and Mod Menu.

but don't worry, I will have an Debug-Option available in the config file, aka InitTeamScript.script ^^
Old 10-12-2015, 03:08 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @crowfeathers

So.... does the perk really doesn't exist? or was it fixed along with the other "#" in the lua file problem?

The perk's name is "SW3EXP_CS_Menu", I checked it and the perk is present, in the Pilot's starter perks list, it is also in the specials.xml . strange indeed...

Eiterway, thanks you mentioned it, thats what happens when silly people (Like me) forget to remove their hint-code from the actual code .

Last edited by nocalora29; 10-16-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Default Cant enter game

Hi,
I had to install your mod manually because the .bat installation wouldnt transfer the files over to my SW3 directory(It would say 'completed' but no new/modified files appeared in my data folder)

However, when i press the "tutorial" button or attempt to start a new game(after the initial cutscene), I get a runtime error and this error in the scripterrors.log file: "error: attempt to call global `IsFlight' (a nil value)
<string "DATA/Scripts/include/NewTriggers.script": line 126>
"

My LOGFile.txt is located at: http://pastebin.com/FRMeL2Le

Im sure that i installed your mod(0.6.0B) correctly, sw3cwEXP.exe(which doesnt work for me), sw3cwEXP.x64.exe and the new zlib1.dll were put into my root/release Star Wolves 3 folder and copied all of the files and folders(including MapInitialization.script which i know is supposed to be in the \Data Folder and not \Scripts) , as is, into my data folder and overwritten any files which conflicted.

This was on a fresh 1.12 install/patched version of SW3 with the 1.12 patch fix posted on these forums.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:50 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default Update Report

Hey, I wanted to some quick round up of what I have ready for the next Version, take it as an dev-log. [NOT RELEASED AS OF YET -> 01.01.2016]

Alright, I have:
- Even more Fixed Textures
- Every-Debug related made now is Removed, (Until enabled via Config/InitTeamScript or the DEBUG Option at the Mod Menu)
- Most to All Free things now cost Money(Corporate Contracts, Drones, etc)
- Many Code-related Fixes
- CPU-Player Improvement, it may be minimal, but its going forward.
- Gate Blockades related Code changes, it MAY be included in 0.6.2 or at the most late at 0.7. I can't promise anything about the Blockades tho.
- Many new WIP-features added to the Basebuilding, but I think it may be until 0.7 or later until its Officially added... sorry.
- MSSwitchBlock will be very polished at the Release of 0.6.1, atleast Im trying as hard as I can to find and remove any Bugs/Complications that may occur with it.
- Fixed Respawn Function (For real now)
- Moved the Invasion Portals to another System called "Invasion Picker", creative huh?
- New Alien-hoarded Systems like Tunguska, I mean, SW3 is seriously missing some Alien action!, expect atleast 3 new Systems in 0.6.1.
- one very cool Function named "SW3EXP_ViewItemAmount"
With this new Function, you can basically get the amount of an Module/Item the Player currently has, its probably very useful if you want to make Quests or even other kinds of stuff which Require the player to have X amount of Item.
Heres the Code, cuz its gonna take a bit longer until 0.6.1 Gets released:
Code:
-- Check Inventory Item Amount
-- PLEASE make sure the Item you specified actually Exists, there is no Table with all the Modules to check from as of Yet available!.
-- CAN BE RUN IN INITIALIZATION/RUN OF SYSTEMS AND IN REAL-TIME!
function SW3EXP_ViewItemAmount(Item)
    CurInv = GetInventory();
    LOG("SW3EXP::ScriptingSystem: 'SW3EXP_ViewItemAmount' Accessed. Viewing Item Amount of ".. Item);
    local Amount = 0;
    local ItemExist = 1;
    while ItemExist == 1 do
        if (CurInv:IsExist(Item) == TRUE) then 
            CurInv:DeleteModule(Item);
            ItemExist = 1;
            Amount = Amount + 1;
        else
            ItemExist = 0;
        end;
    end;
    CurInv:AddModule(Item, Amount);
    LOG("SW3EXP::ScriptingSystem: 'SW3EXP_ViewItemAmount' Accessed. Item Amount Result "..Amount);
    return Amount;
end;
!-- FREE USE FOR EVERYBODY --!, also everything inside the expansion mod!, anybody can use whatever they want in whatever Mod they wish!.

Last edited by nocalora29; 01-01-2016 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Slightly edited ViewItemAmount Function.