Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Space Rangers

Space Rangers The lavish mix of an intense space RPG with 3D real-time strategy.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Post space rangers 2 mods ????

hey friends i want to ask you is there any mods or mod for space rangers 2 reboot,please send me the links for it and what is the thrid panel in rts mode or planetary battles menu named as personal in my game there is nothing in it please tell me wheather it is a error or it is in the game.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

check this link: http://srclan.org/forum/index.php?topic=1859.0;wap2
in brief, it's a guide of extracting the text files the cfg folder, using
Code:
"c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\rangers.exe" extractcfg
then make folder eng (for english) in c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\ move eng_e.txt to it so the path is
Code:
c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\eng\eng_e.txt
rename the eng_e.txt to main.txt so the final editable file is
Code:
c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\eng\main.txt 
(about 2 MB)
as for the c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\main_e.txt, rename the main.txt so it becomes
Code:
c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\main.txt 
(about 5 MB)
Now you have two editable main.txt files:
* c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\eng\main.txt here you can edit to your heart content or until the game crashes Unfortunately the option is limited. The most easily recognized things is under Micromodule, such as changing speed bonus from say 140 on Jake to 2000 or something crazier.
* c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\cfg\main.txt here is where the pointer to graphic files is located and to other things too but i'm not sure what else.

When you're done, compile the txt to dat by using
Code:
"c:\program files\1cpublishing\space rangers 2 reboot\rangers.exe" buildcfg
Most important of all: Backup your original cfg folder before doing anything else!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadon allindia View Post
hey friends i want to ask you is there any mods or mod for space rangers 2 reboot,please send me the links for it and what is the thrid panel in rts mode or planetary battles menu named as personal in my game there is nothing in it please tell me wheather it is a error or it is in the game.
The mods were explained I think you will find the 'personal' tab is for user made content with an editor ... which i am led to believe is available but its russian dont mind the russian bit, have a friend who is a translator but cant find the editor i think thats because the russians have hidden it as they have gone hardcore and encrypted all the files for there online scoring.

Darkspire
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Default hear me space ranger creator!

i want to be able to transport or be a liner ship. i want to get asteroid while ship is in play or flying mode. i want more out of space ranger 2. i want to play actual like that of the introduction video when launching games or starting game.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

I'm afraid that such extended modification won't be possible without Space Rangers 2 source code. Nevertheless good luck, Bluelego.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

did anyone figure out how to add items to the game? (im speaking about the eng_e.txt file after its been renamed etc)
ive got a theory i half tried, but i changed so many things, i got lost with what i had changed and i know one of the sections i did differently from the other
thwe game worked, but eventually it (many many turns) i got somne kind of object something failure, but i never tried the theory properly, and dont want to play for ages just to see if it would have worked

anyway, heres what ive discovered so far on how to make some changes to the game, if anyone else has anything to add feel free
as previously stated you can change items in the game
but be aware any changes to micromodules and hulls etc, will be available to everyone
the changes seem pro active
so if you make changes to a mircomodule, decide you dont like them and change them back, they will be back to their original in game

HULL TYPES:
search for: HullType ^{
that is the start of the hulls

Race= (valid choices Any Maloc Peleng People Fei Gaal)
if you want all the races to use/produce that hull type use Race=Any
if you want a specific race
Race=Peleng (etc)
Race=Peleng,Maloc,People (etc)

Cost= and Size=
are percentages, so you can make them bigger or smaller in cost or size ranges
Cost=200 means its twice the normal cost (200%)
Cost=50 means its half the normal cost (50%)

Name= is how it will look

Text= (the applies to all Text= everywhere) is the information the player will see about any item, you could take them out and item will work as normal, you just wouldnt know what it did

Year= i think is when the item will start to appear

Probability= i think how likely it is to appear in the shopping menu

everything else is how many slots it will have, look around at the others and use your own judgement (Forsage is the engine booster)

ShipType= for the kind of classes that will use the ship (valid choices Transport Liner Diplomat Ranger Pirate Warrior
just do the same as with Race= above (dont think theres an Any choice though)

SATELITES:
search for: Operon
it is the first satelite)
i dont think anyone but you uses them but theres not much to do with them except...
change the cost (valid values Mini Small Average Big Huge)
so
Cost=Mini
would make it cost the least amount

Size= (any numerical value, note if you put a - in front of the number instead of the satelite taking up cargo space it will give... obviously this is cheating...)
so
Size=-100
means 100 extra space on your ship

the Speed= is how fast it scans a planet, higher the better, there are 3 values for each of the terrain types

all Text= are just informational and are only there so you can see what an item does (see HULL TYPES above)

Wear= is how fast the satelite degrades (lower is better and the valid values are the same as the Cost= values, ie Mini Small etc)

i did try to make them so you could use them like micromodules, didnt work (i think its all hardcoded and not in this file, just like the items)

MICROMODULES:
search for
MicroModuls ^{
this is the start of the micromodules

Equipments= this is where the micromodule will be slotted into (valid choices Any Engine Radar Hook Droid FuelTank DefGenerator WEnergy WSplinter WMissile Hull)as many or as few choices as appropriate ie Equipment=Hook,Droid,FuelTank,Engine
Equipment=Hull
Equipment=Any etc etc

Text= as ive always stated for cosmetics and you know what it does

all the bon# (bonScan bonSpeed etc) is the abilities the item has and the increase or decrease it will do
valid options:
bonRadar= range of the radar
bonScan= power of the scanner
bonSpeed= speed of the engine
bonJump= jump range of engine
bonFuel= fuel capacity of fuel tank
bonWEnergy= energy weapon damage
bonWSplinter= splinter weapon damage
bonWMissile= missile capacity
bonWRadius= weapons range
bonHook= how much size a hook can scoop up (power)
bonHookRadius= how far the hook can scoop up an item from (range)
bonHull= armour points of a hull
bonDef= absorption increase for the shield
bonDroid= repair rate of the droid

here is a list of appropriate texts if you want:
Text=Radar range: <bonRadar> pts.
Text=Scanner power: <bonScan> pts.
Text=Engine speed: <bonSpeed> pts.
Text=Jump distance: <bonJump> pts.
Text=Tank volume: <bonFuel> units
Text=Energy weapon power: <bonWEnergy> pts.
Text=Fragment weapon power: <bonWSplinter> pts.
Text=Missile weapon power: <bonWMissile> pts.
Text=Firing range: <bonWRadius> pts.
Text=Capture Capacity: <bonHook> units
Text=Capture Distance: <bonHookRadius> m.
Text=Hull armor: <bonHull> pts.
Text=Shield generator: <bonDef> pts.
Text=Droid efficiency: <bonDroid> pts.
but... the bon# will only apply to the appropriate piece of equipment, so something that increases scanner range and engine speed will be equipable to the engine or scanner, but you wont get both the increase in speed and scanner range, you will get the scanner range if put on a scanner or the speed if put into an engine, not both
unless...

Special=1 this is an items inherent ability, every bon# will be applied to the piece of equipment this ability is spawned on, i dont think itll be compatible with micro modules
it comes on the piece of equipment itself
for example Pigamar will increase the missile capacity of the pieces of equipment it is allowed to spawn on

Owner= (same as Race= see HULL TYPES, ie Any Maloc Peleng People Fei Gaal)

Cost= and Size= are percentages
Priority= chance to appear?

KindGraph= not a clue
Ruins= found on planets? dont really know

Last edited by Glabrezu; 05-08-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

my theory for adding items/hull types was this
at the end of the HULL TYPES there is this

CountHullType=150
SeriesName=Series "<Name>"

maybe change the
CountHullType=150
to
CountHullType=160
copy and paste 10 ships
edit them as you want
change their numbers to
151 ^{
152 ^{
etc all the way to
160 ^{
sadly i think youd still need to use the same Names= because of the hard coding

but... would using the same names eventually crash the game?
i havent tested, like i said, i dont want to play for ages to find out it wont work
i did something similar but i made micromodules and hull types
the hull types i added 5
151 - 155
but the artifacts
i used the last numbered artifact and went from there instead of going from 501+ (500 being the stated amount of micromodules CountMicroModuls=500)
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

and lastly...
the artifacts have interesting benefits... anyone have any idea how to add them to micromodules
theres nothing that tells us what the ability is in the eng_e.txt file...
here are some guesses about other abilities

weight= for the antigravity artifact? a %?
Refuel= black gloop? a %
Repair= nanitoids ?
RepairItem= nanitoids?
Reload=
guesses only
anyone ideas?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

Default didnt work

i tried using the guide, but the text files do not seem to be getting created when i run the exe?
i also tried using some programs that are supposed to unpack the game, but they do not seem to create the files - just they only manage to create the folder.
The download link for the english-clean2-4.zip also seems to get an invalid when i try to open it.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffildy View Post
i tried using the guide, but the text files do not seem to be getting created when i run the exe?
i also tried using some programs that are supposed to unpack the game, but they do not seem to create the files - just they only manage to create the folder.
The download link for the english-clean2-4.zip also seems to get an invalid when i try to open it.
The files are created in the "users" folder not the game folder, e.g. C:\Users\[your name here]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\eGames\Space Rangers 2\cfg. Lame location I know...

Is there any way to fix the trade system in this game?

Is there a way to fix the equipment repair/breakdown cost? (Not talkin' about game options and skills. These only slow down the inherent problem.)

Is there a way to stop civilian and military ships from destroying Dominator equipment?

Last edited by RasterOps; 08-13-2012 at 04:39 AM.