Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 PM
PenGun

Default Why does the steam versiion not support 64 bit widows?

Steam says that the game is not supported in XP or Vista 64. I am running Win7 64. I would like the game and would buy it if there was not that notice on steam and obvious problems on several forums.

Wasssup eh'.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

I play the game normally on W7 x64.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

The game supports 64-bit systems, the problems with these systems were caused by the drivers if not mistaken.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:35 AM
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
The game supports 64-bit systems, the problems with these systems were caused by the drivers if not mistaken.
What drivers would those be?

Valve seems to think the game does not work well enough in 64 bit for them to support it.

I notice also that my GTX 260 is on a list of unsupported cards. It's a long list including many popular cards.

What is going on here?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
What drivers would those be?

Valve seems to think the game does not work well enough in 64 bit for them to support it.

I notice also that my GTX 260 is on a list of unsupported cards. It's a long list including many popular cards.

What is going on here?
GTX 260 is pretty good for Cryostasis, have no idea why it is not included in the list.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 AM
PenGun

Quote:
GTX 260 is pretty good for Cryostasis, have no idea why it is not included in the list.
No it is listed as unsupported. Quite different from not being on the list.

Why does valve feel this way?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7850/

I've been told by them that both my OS and video card are not supported. I would be crazy to buy ... right?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No it is listed as unsupported. Quite different from not being on the list.

Why does valve feel this way?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7850/

I've been told by them that both my OS and video card are not supported. I would be crazy to buy ... right?
I'll ask my colleagues from Steam to change the system reqs. You can trust me that your card is a very good choice for Cryo. For example, we had this card on our demo PC in the office when Cryo was released in Russia and the game ran more then good on it.
And not to be unsubstantiated, here is a table from one of Russian GPU tests of Cryo: http://www.fcenter.ru/img/article/vi...260/138789.png
The game was run under Vista Ultimate 64

Last edited by Nike-it; 03-05-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
PenGun

Quote:
I'll ask my colleagues from Steam to change the system reqs. You can trust me that your card is a very good choice for Cryo. For example, we had this card on our demo PC in the office when Cryo was released in Russia and the game ran more then good on it.
Well seeing that they say that nearly all popular video cards and several very popular OSs are incompatible you really should do something about that.

What really interests me is why Valve would do what they did. They have a problem with it and as I use their service it's kinda mine too.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well seeing that they say that nearly all popular video cards and several very popular OSs are incompatible you really should do something about that.

What really interests me is why Valve would do what they did. They have a problem with it and as I use their service it's kinda mine too.
I fully understand you. We already informed STEAM that they have mistakes in the system specs. It should be updated ASAP.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
PenGun

Quote:
I fully understand you. We already informed STEAM that they have mistakes in the system specs. It should be updated ASAP.
Thank you I do like the look of this game and wil proably buy it once steam changes it's site.