Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrius View Post
You're just telling me to get a refund?
Because i cannot imagine what else Steam can do.

Anyway nothing against you Trucker of course. It's just such a shame that a product i still on sale while having issues like this.
It's not good for the "image" of 1C
You blaming the wrong people. In this case it's the Dev's that left, and apparently took all their secrets with them. It's not 1C's fault. We don't know what the contract between 1C, and the developers include. So it would be unfair to blame them for actions taken by the Dev's.

But let's get back to the basics. You're using a laptop/notebook in an attemp to play this game, and it's just not really the best platform for RNR.

You are also using GeForce GT540M that is not optimal for running this game See here and here. The "M" tells me you're using a laptop/notebook. Your system is fine for running documents, spreadsheets, etc., and some low/mid-end CPU games. It's not meant for a game like this, that is poorly optimized from the start in regards to CPU usage, and memory allocation.

You're running this game on a I3-380M that only gives you about 2.5Ghz in CPU speed. There's just simply not enough power here to get this game going. So it's not 1C or Steam that is the issue here... it's your system, as shown here. Many people buy laptops/notebooks for the wrong reason. It's not, and never has been designed for the gamer, or to replace a destop computer. It was designed for people on the go (work & students). Sure it can play some games, but don't expect the quality to be the same as a desktop. Especially with some of the more demanding games made after 2010, which is when your system came out.

Here is a post I made in this "Technical Category", and is the best way to get this game to run with the least amount of errors. Anything less is pot-luck.

Recommended System Requirements (Best to get this game to run properly).
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3,0 GHz
Memory: 2,0 GB Ram (I recommend 4GB)
Video card: DirectX 9.0 compatible, NVIDIA 8800 or Radeon HD 3870 with 256 MB or higher (I recommend 512MB, or more)
Sound card: DirectX 9.0 compatible
Hard disc: 10 GB free HD space
CD ROM: PC DVD-ROM

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Registered Member

Default game crash

i just bought the game from Wild Tangent, it was working great until i bought a couple of trucks(7) and hired the drivers to go with, and 3 other office. Then it started to crash and shut down.

a program having a problem and windows had to close the program.

i am running windows 7 with a A10-5700 APU 3.40 GHz 10 Go RAM with a Radeon HD 7660D graphic card

i tried to uninstalled and re installed but i keeped my saved game.

thank you anyone for you're help
Old 04-26-2013, 01:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felin69 View Post
i just bought the game from Wild Tangent, it was working great until i bought a couple of trucks(7) and hired the drivers to go with, and 3 other office. Then it started to crash and shut down.

a program having a problem and windows had to close the program.

i am running windows 7 with a A10-5700 APU 3.40 GHz 10 Go RAM with a Radeon HD 7660D graphic card

i tried to uninstalled and re installed but i keeped my saved game.

thank you anyone for you're help
Did you install the "Hotfix", and any updates? Is this a legitimate purchase? Torrents, or Pirated games will not be assisted here. I'm not saying you did, but I just want to cover my bases.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

i bought i from Wildtangent and the hotfix is included. Now this is my first game i buy and i want to know what's the difference between sites like Wildtangent,steam, getgames and the cd version. 'cause i was planning on buying 18 weels of steels haulin and extreme truckers 2

thanks for your tips
Old 04-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

It's all personal preference. I prefer Steam because it's been around longer, good support, and they have many sales.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Default Crashing Issues - Fixing Windows Errors

I could be a number of things.

The suggestions so far mention a graphics card. This is an obvious conflict. You may want to check that out in more detail.

In the event that you have already done so, then I suggest you check your Windows registry settings. Conflicts always occur with Windows and its internal settings. There are few key settings that you can check out with the Systems tools already built into Windows.

You may also check out software that can do these checks for you and will tell you what conflicts are on your system. They tend to fix your computer in 1 click.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

Default Crashing when trying to load an old save

Hi everyone,

I know this game has been out for a long time, I hope we can still get support though!

I bought this game on Steam, and wanted to load an old save that I had been playing on years ago. Whenever I try to load the save though, the game will crash right at the end of the loading screen. My computer exceeds the requirements of the game, so I know it's not a hardware issue. I am running Windows 10, could that be causing problems?

The game creates a minidump if that might be useful.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-29-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Windows 10 could be the issue here, as this is an old game, and long abandoned by the developers. I have heard in the Steam forums about many games not running, and usually it's the default graphics driver that Win-10 gives you. I don't have Windows 10 yet, so I really can't help you further. I strongly suggest you go to the Steam Discussion Forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/46370/discussions/ and see if someone there can assist you.

For the most part, many of us here have moved on when the Dev's jumped ship.