Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Reign: Conflict of Nations

Reign: Conflict of Nations Historical real-time strategy game

Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Default Very Nice Game - Why So Quiet?

I just bought this game on Steam and am really enjoying it. I'm frankly surprised there's been so little buzz about it. I usually hate RTS games, but this game has sucked me in somehow. It looks great and has considerable depth, but it moves slow enough (and is pausable) so it doesn't feel at all like a clickfest. Actually plays a lot like a turn-based game.

My only real complaint at this point is that about 80% of the game features really aren't documented anywhere. The manual is thin and the tutorial only covers the basics. I've spent the last couple of evenings just messing around in free play, figuring out how things work. There's really quite a bit going on under the hood, but you have to dig (and be patient) to find it.

This site really needs a FAQ or How To guide. While the game has decent tooltips for most things, there is much that is left to guess work. For example, what do all the various attributes (Annexation, etc.) really do?

This game reminds me a lot of Imperial Glory. Not so much in how it plays, but rather that it looks like a highly polished, very well-conceived and executed game that no one seems to want to claim responsibility for. I wish someone would step up here and say, "I did this. It's my game, and I'm proud of it and want to support it." Here's hoping.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Exactly mine sentiments!!!

Sadly the game is overlooked because it deals with territory and era not really widely known. Also I feel that western journalists fling too much poo at Reign just because they can't be bothered to praise the game which deals with some obscure history. Bias they have against Russian games is so pathetic...

Reign does need better manual and tutorial, but even then it needs time to master, not unlike similar games of the genre. Sadly because it is not made by western team, the game is deemed 'too complex' by lazy journalists... bah