Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies

Death to Spies Stealth action. Professional spy working for the Soviet counterintelligence service executes dangerous operations in the heart of German territory.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Refresh Rate

Hi, I can play death to spies moment of truth after setting my refresh rate to 60Hz in the truthsetup program. However, my monitor doesn't support 85Hz that the original defaults to and there are no options to change it in game (I can play long enough to navigate menus before my monitor powers off to prevent damage.

Is there any program to change to 60Hz for the original (I dont have a "smershsetup" in my original games folder). Or is there some way to change the setting?

Edit: I notice that other version of the original do have a smershsetup.exe ( I looked at the MoT mod page, and saw the directory contents had it listed. My version seems different, my .exe files are called Death To Spies.exe (not smersh.exe, and no smershsetup or other setup) for the original and Truth.exe (this DOES have a setup that I am missing for the original) for the sequel, not smershaddon (like the other version).

Is this a difference between russian/english versions? It seems like this program is necessary to be able to play on certain monitors, loooking through the forums I see other people with this problem being told to look for smershsetup.exe, which is missing.

P.S I bought the game from gamersgate if that is important, it is not the disc version.

Last edited by GraveyardJimmy; 05-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyardJimmy View Post
Is there any program to change to 60Hz for the original (I dont have a "smershsetup" in my original games folder). Or is there some way to change the setting?

Edit: I notice that other version of the original do have a smershsetup.exe ( I looked at the MoT mod page, and saw the directory contents had it listed.
You can try to copy smersh.shadvs file (this file where all config options are saved)

from the MoT directory - somewhere in Documents And Settings\User profile\My Documents\My Games\Smersh_MT (or Death to Spies : Mot)

to the DtS directory - Documents And Settings\User profile\My Documents\My Games\Death to Spies..

ps. backup original file before..
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Thanks, that works perfectly! Monitor says its running at 60fps, loaded up training and messed around for a bit and my monitor was fine.

Many, many thanks.