Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
PenGun

Come on you can do it.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Believe me Steam is CORRECT. I have massive troubles playing Cryostasis on Windows 7 64-bit. Game stutters like mad no matter what graphic settings i choose - minimum or high - results are the same. Stuttery game, memory leaks. Not optimised for 64-bit at all as far as i've experienced. And i'm running a GTX 285/Core i7 940
Old 04-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

Running the game on 64-bit or 32-bit makes no difference, 64-bit OS ar supported. However, nVidia 32 and 64-bit drivers do differ somewhat.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Nvidia drivers have been rather lame since 191.07WHQL. I hope they bring some good ones out in the next week so its in time for Fermi
Old 05-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Default Another

Another thing steam doesn't support for this game is patch 1.1.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

I have tried playing the game with a single GTX480 and again with 2x GTX 480's in SLI with Windows 7 64-git. Both attempts at playing the game smoothly failed.

50% of the time on both setups (SLI and single) i was getting around 60fps. The other 50% of the time i was getting HUGE frame rate drops down to 17fps in some parts of the game.

Cryostasis clearly isn't optimised for 64-bit. I also played this game in Windows XP 32-bit. That stuttered even more. It was actually worse than Windows 7 64-bit.

Even with the correct drivers and patch Cryostasis still suffered mass frame rate drops in several areas of the game. It is badly optimised even with the fastest monster tech.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

Just to add to this... I didn't honestly look at the storefront page for this game when I bought it yesterday, but it works great on my system.

Specs:

AMD X2 6000+
260 GTX
8 gigs DDR2 RAM
Win 7 Home Premium x64

---

The stuttering seems to be hit or miss, I'm not sure what causes it for you guys, but for me the only slowdown I get is when it autosaves, which is to be expected. I have settings set to max at 1680 x 1050 with AA and PhysX turned off. Game looks and plays gorgeously and treats me right.

Hope this helps!
-Cym
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

lol of course it plays smooth when you turn OFF AA and Physx! Those are the most graphics-taxing options to have switched on. Those are what give you the eye candy.

I can play Metro 2033, all maxed out with DX11 and physx turned on. The game runs great. Cryostasis just has a poorly optimised game engine that only works properly on a small handful rigs.

Glad i didn't pay for my copy (got it free with EVGA/Nvidia GPU offer)