Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcriux View Post
I try to read all these books you once read before and of course this time I promise myself not to disappear and read these lovely books by you, thank you.
Err... stoned much?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

Your issue could be driver level. Your crash error references a memory overflow due to large texture size. Essentially, there was no more room in the buffer for 1024x1024 textures. This error is not related to your resolution. Reduce texture size will likely correct the problem. 512x512 is commonly "High" in most games and I'm not sure the differences will be apparent to you. I'm sure you have updated your videocard drivers, but I think the northbridge could be the culprit. Try updating the chipset drivers for your motherboard. Your northbridge might have outdated drivers resulting in poor SLI controller operation.

While I agree that your SLI setup should be able to handle this it is likely a glitch with the SLI implementation either in drivers, software, or at the northbridge. I always thought SLI worked on a firmware/hardware level that operated transparently to software, but it may be that Cryostasis engine doesn't properly implement SLI functionality. If this is the case, then perhaps disabling SLI will result in better performance. Sorta how Left4Dead ran better in single-core than multi-core mode because of a glitch in implementation.

The green screen glitch sounds like a driver error too.

As far as your comments regarding PhysX: it is simply marketing junk to lure consumers to buy NVIDIA cards. It's not that cryostasis's physx sucks, it's simply that physx sucks in general.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

I read some posts and feel free to point out that if you have 2 or 3 graphicards you cannot add their memory because every chips need its own memory.
Also on a sli or tripple-sli rig there is not more memory for graphics then on a single card of the same type.