Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 10-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

Had another great night on the server tonight. Some good teamwork on Blue the last few nights I've been on.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Yesterday I flew for 2hrs 5min (the time before CTD due to the usual memory leak bug).

I must admit that thanks to your server, I feel much better about the game. Two hours smooth game without stutters makes the game enjoyable.

Talking about the dots however, my whole flying was devoted into intercepting incoming bomber formations and I did not intercept a single formation for two hours!!!

The worst moment was watching a Wellingtoin (BIIIIG bomber) formation of nine planes flying above me (distance xxxx - how can I judge in this game... ), following from behind while climbing in order to reach their altitude. Then, I moved my eyes away from the sky while checking my fuel gauges/ switching among fuel tanks ... and I completely lost sight of the bomber formation (9 big bombers)!

Then flew for 30mins circling around trying to find them again, without success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I may be a noob and ignorant* but based on my 7+ years IL2FB in full real online flying, this is complete and utter XXXXX³\#~ **

I like that it is more difficult to trace airplanes, but this is not realistic.

~S~

* still debatable
** pls replace with the word of your preference, worthy of 2-3 weeks forum ban...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
... Then, I moved my eyes away from the sky while checking my fuel gauges/ switching among fuel tanks ... and I completely lost sight of the bomber formation (9 big bombers)!
This is due to a bug where 'dots' switch to LOD too far away (or at least they swith to a too much detailed shape from too far away) that is extremelly hard to track right after its transition.

I think (i hope..) devs read around the forums about this.
Hopefully will be fixed ASAP !
Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Grathos I believe you had the misfortune if running into a ghost formation last night was the first time I had seen them for weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Had another great night on the server tonight. Some good teamwork on Blue the last few nights I've been on.
I had to feel it in the hard way yesterday, while flying the Spity, no single 109 for a longer time.......
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Default Help.

This is a specific request for help regarding the stability of the connection in the ATAG server.
Some of my squadron (SG1) members and I usually try to fly populated full real online servers, even though
our connection is not as good as we would like (125-175 ms pin) we really like the Channel map in the ATAG.

Lately we have been suffering from a very annoying problem regarding the stability of the connection, to simplify,
we get a black screen and the message the "Launcher.exe has stopped to work".
This happens randomly after a 15 minutes flight or after 2 hours, affecting any member of the squadron.
Some of us have the impression that we suffer from this problem more often when the number of connections
goes above 40 people/pilots in game.

My questions are:
Does this message have anything to do with the server? (Our experience is that only happens while flying online).
Is there anything we can do to prevent this issue? (conf.ini setting [NET])
Any other considerations … ?

Still, we will keep trying.

Thank you in advance.

Salutes.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Majo,

I will be quick to say that your ping is not bad, at least, not the worst:

I am on the ATAG with a ping of 230ms (I am from a country very far away and many firewalls to go through) and still the game is ultra smooth for me.

It may depend however, on the bandwidth you and your friends have. I am on a fiber-optic 8Mbps and my conf.ini setings are for DSL/cable. It may be that this makes the difference in CoD (compared to the IL2FB network settings we used to put).

So, depending how big your line is, try with the highest network settings in CoD.

As far as the Launcher has stopped working message I think there is an easier explanation:
CoD has a memory leak! :O (no big news, even my cat knows it) Not when you stand parked on the ground (I tested it) but while you are flying.
Check the amount of available free RAM of your PC regularly. If it becomes too low, you are bound to experience this. Your mileage may vary, depending on the amount of RAM on your system. My personal limit on 6Gb RAM (12Gb = 6Gb Ramdisk for COD, 6GB for Win7) is 2 hours on the server.

@Kruppi: Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it was not a ghost squad, I went for the intercept vestor as per radar, I found the bomber group, I was close enough (but too low) to see the detailed shapes of the Wellingtons flying.

~S~
Old 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

I have found this as well with bomber groups, take your eye off them for a very short while and not see them again.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMVI_Superblu View Post
This is due to a bug where 'dots' switch to LOD too far away (or at least they swith to a too much detailed shape from too far away) that is extremelly hard to track right after its transition.

I think (i hope..) devs read around the forums about this.
Hopefully will be fixed ASAP !
+1

There needs to be better visual continuity as the dots change to, perhaps, a simpler LOD(?), at least so they don't suddenly become a small faint pale blue smudge that is trying and failing to give tiny complex detail which twinkles in and out of visibility (if you're lucky!).

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

FYI..

The server restarts every 7 hours now. So if you get a disconnected messaged - which should be around 1PM (in game time), the server is simply restarting on it's own. It will usually be back up on the server list long before you even get disconnected.

This should help with stability, and the fact that it's automated stops us from babysitting it all the time!

ATAG Forums + Stats