Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames

Fulqrum PublishingGames Discuss Fulqrum Publishing games not listed below.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

Default World War I - How to capture the whole map and discover the enemy positions

Hi guys,

I've discovered an interesting thing while messing up with the game's files.

During gameplay, press CTRL+ALT+F9. This will take a screenshot of the whole map, with all the units visible (including the enemy's). The process will take a while.

Go in the game directory and you will find a file named mapshot.tga, that is quite large. Now, probably you'll have problems viewing it. To solve this, download the program "wc3 image extractor ii" (Google it and you'll find it easily. It is for Warcraft 3, but worked perfectly in this case). All other image viewers I tried did not worked.

Execute the program (does not require installation) and convert the .tga image to .jpg. It is quite straight forward and does not need any further explanation. The image will be much smaller now, and you can view it from any image viewer. Unfortunately, the image will be upside down and mirrored. Use any image program to straight it up.

And now you have a complete map of the level with all the enemy positions at the moment you took it.

It is quite useful if you are like me, that does not like the fog of war feature.

Best regards,
Old 08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Please ask all questions in one thread.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Sorry. But as this is not a question, I thought it would be better to post a new thread.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Oh my bad I replied in wrong thread
Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
Oh my bad I replied in wrong thread

and about the trick...

it's good but only if you want to play the game for fun not for a real challenge

Last edited by persoiranian; 08-17-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Hi persoiranian,

Yes, I agree with you. This is my point. And I like to play like that. I think players should get more options on how to play the games. This is why I was asking for cheat options before. Ultimately, games are for fun, anyway.

Best regards,
Old 08-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Hi all,

I found an easier way to view the World War I screenshots and map screenshots. The problem with “.TGA” images created by the game is that it sets all values of Alpha Channels to 0, and then the majority of regular image viewers just display a blank image when you open it.

Another way to go around this problem is using XnView. Google it and install in your computer. It´s a very well known freeware. Open the “.TGA” image you want to see. Go to “View” menu, and deselect the option “Use Alpha Channels”. Now you should be able to see the image and convert it to any other format. Much easier way than to use the WC3 Image Extractor II.

Best regards,