Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades A new chapter in the Real Warfare realistic real-time strategy games series.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Default Horses!

Question from a newbie... yet again. How many horses are needed to upgrade a unit? 1 for every 10 men? Or does it work differently?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthvegeta800 View Post
Question from a newbie... yet again. How many horses are needed to upgrade a unit? 1 for every 10 men? Or does it work differently?
Well in fact, in order to buy for example knights, you need 20 respectively 30 horses. Why a difference? Well, it depends on how you buy them. (Buy as in upgrading a unit to it). If you upgrade via for example sword unit to sergeant to foot knight, it would require 20 horses. If you upgrade from irregular horse to sergeant class horse and then knight, it'd require 30 horses. I'm not quite sure why, but since the mounted sergeant is a larger troop (than mounted knights) I suppose it counts it as it then would require a larger amount of horses for the next upgrade.

So basically it's 20 respectively 30 horses required in order to upgrade to a knight. Recommended: upgrade via sword infantry to the knight - it will NOT take longer time or anything, instead, you can most likely do all the upgrades in one step without for example playing more battles for the units experience and so.

Last thing to mention; Knights are very expensive to replenish (Ca 200 per lost man which makes the total cost standing at around 8000 money if it's down on 1-2 men).

Last edited by ThisIsRealWarfare; 02-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the info.
Another question... what's the impact of 'commander' and 'initiative'.
I presume morale is highly worthwhile, keeping troops from fleeing?
How close should i best keep my commander to my men? Given that i love cavalry flanking, he sometimes tends to move away relatively far from his men.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

The commander ability can rally your troops faster if upgraded.

Each unit have it's own AI so if you upgrade the initiative,troops start making things on their own.
Attacking a nearby enemy or change position if they are under fire.

Yes, morale is very important.But an upgraded irregural unit can cost much more to retrain.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the info.
Though given the accumulated army exp i can't see one fielding unupgraded irregulars no matter the cost.