Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlinggDeath View Post

So, to you Papa and Jumo, can you find direct evidence supporting the reduced flight model of the TA 152 H1 in 4.11 ?

When I do the quick flights on the Crimea map with auto pitch, I get:

Ta 152 H1 in 4.10.1

Top speed at sea level on full WEP at 110% = 570 kph

Ta 152 H1 in 4.11

Top speed " " " = 530 (and you cannot maintain that for long due to the overheat model)
i did say earlier that all planes are a bit slower now. the 570kph (which was more or less what i could get out of the tempest in 4.10.1 has now dropped to 530 (ish)

spitfire 25 has dropped by about the same amount.

the LA7 doesnt seem to have been so heavily effected.

basicly i think we were all flying at peak speed before and we could abuse it because of the lack of accurate thermal moddeling. now max sustained speed is a lot slower than peak speed. i can still manage 570 for a short time, but i will overheat and have to back off again.

on the upside ive allready won a battle or two with the spit by blowing up his engine as he tried to chase me
Old 01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

The La7 and 185s are not that affected Shawn. And, that is my point about unfairly applied overheat algorithms. If the clown wagons keep going while I must continually break off with my P51 to drop pitch, rpms and throttle, is there evidence to support the super Russian planes in this aspect? So my simple question to the aviation history folks is:

Do the historical manuals support 4.10.1 or 4.11 ? And if so, please show us the goods.

Edit - I did see a reference a few days back that the TA 152 could indeed reach 570/580 kph at sea level but forgot to flag it. Anyone finds any documentation,one way or the other, post it.

Last edited by WhistlinggDeath; 01-31-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

The TA example above is also why balance is so important if the actual historical record is sketchy. Here is an example:

4.10.1 - I come up from making a boom pass on some guy and see a 185 M-71 approaching at my 10 o'clock with me in my Ta 152-H1. I put in a little coordinated turn, take an angled shot, and lets say I miss. So I continue flying past and move out of theater at about 570 kph. The 185 after he passes me, pulls to a quick hammerhead and reverses 180 degress to give chase, but he is already 1.8 km back by that time and though he can reach 580 kph level flight speed, I can reach ~ 570 or 575, it will be many minutes before he can catch me, and by that time , even in 4.10.1 he is in serious overheat, or I have made it back under my side's friendlies above, and he must break off or be shot down.

4.11 - Now the 185 M-71 can give chase, and do so at 570 kph for quite a bit before he reaches overheat. I continue to stay straight and run from him, but my speed gradually deteriorates to ~ 530 kph (to push any harder and my engine blows) and he catches me before I reach friendly lines or before his engine goes. I have no option, I must cool my engine, and I can do nothing to increase the separation distance faster than about 530 kph. I will be caught.

That is a game changer. It is a patch which hits BnZ planes hard (like the FW, the P51, the TA and Tempy) but leaves little restriction on the La7, 185s and to a lesser extent the Spits. Sure, I know... I know. Someone will say, come in 2000m even higher, or make sure you leave 2000m to dive away from, etc.... And usually I do, but that is why the overheat model must be corrected IMHO. Many will berate me for being of low IQ, ... a poor pilot, etc... but when you look past the venom, ... in actuality, I am a full real guy who prefers the P51 and TA above the other planes. Unless someone can produce authentic historical information indicating these large overheating effects for the TA and P51, but not for the La7 and 185, I have no option but to assume the overheat model is applied incorrectly. ... And should therefore be fixed.

Aviation history guys, ... is there any evidence out there to support the special overheat resistant abilities of the La7 and 185 that we have in 4.11 ? Or that show the quick overheat effects to the TA and P51 ?

Last edited by WhistlinggDeath; 01-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Do the historical manuals support 4.10.1 or 4.11 ? And if so, please show us the goods.
So it is okay for you to take 4.11 to court without any of the things you demand?
You are the one in the community who is having the big problem fighting "clown wagons" on yours and other clown wagon servers and you started crying about it immediately after you saw you could not the way you were used to in the older patch with the throttle nailed.

If you have a problem with the official version of the sim, then get something to back up your allegations, YOU come up with data and manuals.

And if you can not figure out how to fly the IL2 flight sim in the wake of others who always have and are now then maybe you should take your name off that ridiculous self-aggrandizing "masters" list you are always bringing up?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

I am no aviation historian, so I am asking you (or others) who appear to have done alot of reading, to verify for me if this proof exists or not. In what little I have read, I can see no firm evidence for the severe overheat model applied in 4.11.

To be honest, I am not having trouble. In 4.11, when I fight the clown wagons, I stay about 1000m higher in any BnZ attack than I did in 4.10.1 and I dive away if an La7 or 185 gets above me. With correct pitch, and just as Shaun noted, I usually get them to burn up their engine before I run into real trouble. I just dont agree with the overheat model.

Please for the love of God, drop the Masters List Jumo. That was two years back. Its been dead (thank the good lord) for a long time. Lets leave it dead. Your simply pissed because the Advisory Board evaluated you and none of the seven voted for you to ascend. Drop it.... for all our sakes. It is the real reason you are still pissed at me after all this time.

Last edited by WhistlinggDeath; 01-31-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
IPlease for the love of God, drop the Masters List Jumo. That was two years back. Its been dead (thank the good lord) for a long time. Your simply pissed because the Advisory Board evaluated you and none of the seven voted for you at ascend. Drop it.... for all our sakes. It is the real reason you are still pissed at me after all this time.
Really? you can't remember from page 3 of this thread? Who brought up what?

Quote:
Also, there are only about ten people I can think of who can really put these flight models (from 4.10.1 or 4.11) right to the wall, and test things to the last one or two percent. Some dont fly now, so I will list the four or five I still seeing flying online, and perhaps gather their opinions as well.

=TRIDENT= (russian guy, full real... Master)
357th_ULTI (Swedish guy, full real .... high level Master)
FI_RAMBO (American guy, full real .... approaching Master)
JG27_Tazu (full real, ... approaching Master but often flies as a team)
somthing like CM_Shuan (English, flies usually Tempy, high level veteran)
AFJ_Panther (American, full real .... Master)

I know another five to ten guys but they dont fly any more or not enough to be truly dangerous. Check these guys for their opinions as well.
Sorry, I never heard of any masters list of yours at all until less than a week ago, that is an egotistic assumption of yours as usual, I certainly don't care what self-appointed authorities have to say about me or WWII aviation. The reason I never liked you is the same reason no one else does, which you will never be able to see for the same reason any mentally challenged person is not aware of themselves.....
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Sighhhhh

If you would quit making silly little videos of you fighting AI controlled planes which any IQ 120 seven year old with two days training could defeat:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jumoschwanz

(btw, you spend one half the video flying the FW less than 300m off the ground, this is not how a BnZ plane is to be used)

while you collect unemployment insurance at our benefit, you would realize that all the pilots I listed above (it is Tzon instead of TaZzu though) for potential feedback could.....

beat the living $%^! out of you.

I rest my case.

Last edited by WhistlinggDeath; 01-31-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

Gents, I attempted to start this day in this forum in a good mood with some actual data I have noticed about the Ta 152 H1 in patch 4.11. I can see it is going to be another day of personal attacks, so, I am signing off.

Take a look at the overheat algorithm Team D. It needs some work. As does the TA.

S! Gents.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

In summary:

1:44 A.M

Quote:
That is not going to delay the posting of the ntrk showing that backstabber not showing up to an honest fight (or getting blown from the sky if he does).
3:17 A.M.

Quote:
I previously served in the Marines after college NROTC (in fact the Marines helped me make it thru college), and I am not sure you would win the pistol competition either.Y
3:47 A.M

Quote:
Save the Xfire excuses for your Mama's breast.
5:02 A.M.

Quote:
Signing off for today.
8:54 A.M.

Quote:
4.11 needs further tweaking.
4:56p.m.

Quote:
You got data Thor (like Papa or Jumo are trying to present), post it. If not, kindly keep it to yourself.
(Good advice WD! ever hold it up to a mirror?)

5:04 p.m.

Quote:
I am no aviation historian ?
6:01p.m.

Quote:
The La7 and 185s are not that affected Shawn.
6:33pm

Quote:
That is a game changer.
6:53 p.m

Quote:
I am no aviation historian,
7:17 p.m

Quote:
while you collect unemployment insurance at our benefit, you would realize that all the pilots I listed above (it is Tzon instead of TaZzu though) for potential feedback could.....beat the living $%^! out of you. I rest my case.
7:30pm

Quote:
Gents, I attempted to start this day in this forum in a good mood with some actual data I have noticed about the Ta 152 H1 in patch 4.11. I can see it is going to be another day of personal attacks, so, I am signing off.S! Gents.
Pure comic gold......
Closed Thread